NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming in Washington and Jefferson

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[R] Flaming in Washington and Jefferson

Postby Diarcesia » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:40 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
US-SSR wrote:
1. Taking down a statue = / = forgetting history or any historical figure. In the specific case of statues of Confederates erected decades after the Civil War as symbols of white supremacy, defending them is at best forgetting and at worst denying history.

2. The people are deciding which statues stay up and which come down. If the processes of government do not move fast enough the people are taking the task of removing offensive statues on themselves.

3. How nice it must be to make smug, pointless comparisons and analogies from positions of privilege rather than openly dealing with the oppression and dehumanization inflicted and felt by erecting statues to honor enslavers, colonizers, white supremacists, racists, etc., etc.

People who are offended at people tearing down statues of our founding fathers should leave the country.

Go to Venezuela commie.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:46 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm appealing. Usage of the term "Commie" has been declared not actionable in the past. I've been reported for usage of the term before that as well, and it was also declared not actionable.

This warning is ridiculous.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Second opinion flair up.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Relevant info: I'm not reporting because of "commie"; the post was a clear intent to get a rise out of US-SSR without debunking the arguments he made.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Diarcesia wrote:Relevant info: I'm not reporting because of "commie"; the post was a clear intent to get a rise out of US-SSR without debunking the arguments he made.

And his comment was snarky towards me. It's snark. I have no reason to try to get someone to flame me. You are offering your own opinion as fact.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Diarcesia wrote:Relevant info: I'm not reporting because of "commie"; the post was a clear intent to get a rise out of US-SSR without debunking the arguments he made.

And his comment was snarky towards me. It's snark. I have no reason to try to get someone to flame me. You are offering your own opinion as fact.

If the mods overturn the decision, it's fine with me and that my opinion would be, indeed, wrong.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I'm appealing. Usage of the term "Commie" has been declared not actionable in the past. I've been reported for usage of the term before that as well, and it was also declared not actionable.

I would say you're in the clear on the usage of the word "commie" - that by itself is not actionable. Your post as a whole however is just a short piece of bait that contributes nothing positive or even neutral as, again, it's pretty baity. You might not "have any reason" to bait someone but in my opinion, you did, so do as you will with that information.

Warning upheld, but not for the the use of the word commie; just so that's clear. Feel free to refer to people as commies.

Thank you!

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Santheres wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:I'm appealing. Usage of the term "Commie" has been declared not actionable in the past. I've been reported for usage of the term before that as well, and it was also declared not actionable.

I would say you're in the clear on the usage of the word "commie" - that by itself is not actionable. Your post as a whole however is just a short piece of bait that contributes nothing positive or even neutral as, again, it's pretty baity. You might not "have any reason" to bait someone but in my opinion, you did, so do as you will with that information.

Warning upheld, but not for the the use of the word commie; just so that's clear. Feel free to refer to people as commies.

Thank you!

Thank you for your time and information, though I still do feel like the bar has been lowered here.

Holocene Extinction

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Santheres wrote:

Thank you!

Thank you for your time and information, though I still do feel like the bar has been lowered here.

I will grant you that it's borderline but I can't see a point to the post otherwise if not to rile him up, so unfortunately I feel pretty locked in on that. Had there also been content that added to the thread, there would have been wiggle room.

Thanks again!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation