NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Trolling

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 23, 2020 6:23 am

Trolling in RWDT (emphasis mine):
Diopolis wrote:Gender roles didn't wind up where they were because of sinister male dominance, or because of wily feminine temptresses getting the easy jobs for themselves. They would up that way because of some combination of a) historical happenstance(blue is for boys, pink is for girls is from a marketing campaign in the roaring twenties+american global dominance- historically it was quite likely to be the opposite when anybody cared) and b)essential nature making anything else ideologically-driven mental retardation(women as primary caregiver).
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

I'm not sure how it crosses the line into trolling in context, but I've edited it to use less strong language nevertheless.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat May 23, 2020 12:22 pm

Diopolis wrote:I'm not sure how it crosses the line into trolling in context, but I've edited it to use less strong language nevertheless.

You don't understand how calling your opponent's ideas evidence of mental retardation is trolling?

I'll explain it simply, then.

If their argument is proof of mental retardation, you are calling them mentally retarded.

Thus, *** warned for flaming. ***

Try to stick to explaining why the argument is wrong rather than flinging insults; it generally ends up much better for all concerned.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Cheers Kat.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat May 23, 2020 12:55 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I'm not sure how it crosses the line into trolling in context, but I've edited it to use less strong language nevertheless.

You don't understand how calling your opponent's ideas evidence of mental retardation is trolling?

If their argument is proof of mental retardation, you are calling them mentally retarded.

Try to stick to explaining why the argument is wrong rather than flinging insults; it generally ends up much better for all concerned.

And yet there was no opposing argument in sight.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat May 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

And yet there was no opposing argument in sight.

You know what to do if you don't agree with the ruling.

Return to Moderation