NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Your warning level and records

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Q] Your warning level and records

Postby Nakena » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Is the individual warning level in the forums being a factor or otherwise relevant in regards to new sanctions or escalations thereof, or are those solemly based on the actual warning record?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Nakena wrote:Is the individual warning level in the forums being a factor or otherwise relevant in regards to new sanctions or escalations thereof, or are those solemly based on the actual warning record?

Sorry, what? Do you mean, do the corona virus rules take prior bad acts into account?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Nakena wrote:Is the individual warning level in the forums being a factor or otherwise relevant in regards to new sanctions or escalations thereof, or are those solemly based on the actual warning record?

Sorry, what? Do you mean, do the corona virus rules take prior bad acts into account?

No my question is unrelated to the Covid-19 warnings.

It's more a question in regard to the forum warning level (the one visible to me in the UCP panel) and if its taken into account when it comes to further warnings and sanctions like existing records are. Like has the warning level (the one that reduces itself every six months) any impact on that?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Nakena wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Sorry, what? Do you mean, do the corona virus rules take prior bad acts into account?

No my question is unrelated to the Covid-19 warnings.

It's more a question in regard to the forum warning level (the one visible to me in the UCP panel) and if its taken into account when it comes to further warnings and sanctions like existing records are. Like has the warning level (the one that reduces itself every six months) any impact on that?

It does. Prior bad acts. Someone who runs around and gets themselves warned and banned and banned and warned, yes, we take that into account. We also take the record of a DEATed nation into account, too.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:33 pm

Speaking of which, why is my warning level at 1, I don't remember being warned for ages?

Fix the glitch Mods!

Oh, seems I was..
Last edited by Bombadil on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Will my corona warning history be completely purged from the site once Max Barry rescinds his corona policy against spreading misinformation, or will the mods continue to have access to it many years later?

Bombadil wrote:Speaking of which, why is my warning level at 1, I don't remember being warned for ages?

Fix the glitch Mods!

Oh, seems I was..

Apparently you baited IM on the HK thread IIRC.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm

I don't know if Mods have ever been disgraced before but if such an event occurs, are their previous rulings liable for revisits?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:20 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:I don't know if Mods have ever been disgraced before but if such an event occurs, are their previous rulings liable for revisits?

Not a mod, but since it's a [Q], I could guess that such things are a rarity. Mainly because if you get warned, you usually take it in stride, or in the latter, have another Mod look at it as a second / third opinion, etc, etc... So in other words, the ruling is not exactly based on one Mod, and I can guess that other than the one who has to give the warning, there are probably discussions happening in the background / sekret Mod cave.

Unless it was something where a Mod went nuts and started red-texting and DEATing people willy-nilly, to which I think it will be reversed as an exception on the grounds that a Mod went ballistic.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:55 am

Will my corona warning history be completely purged from the site once Max Barry rescinds his corona policy against spreading misinformation, or will the mods continue to have access to it many years later?

We will be able to see it many years later.

I don't know if Mods have ever been disgraced before but if such an event occurs, are their previous rulings liable for revisits?

Moderation does not deal in hypotheticals. Each case is judged on a case by case basis.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Where do you see your warning level?
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Sarzonia wrote:Where do you see your warning level?

User Control Panel

I think it only (?) applies to forum warnings though.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Nakena wrote:
Sarzonia wrote:Where do you see your warning level?

User Control Panel

You have to file a GHR for gameside warnings, so yeah.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:25 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Nakena wrote:
User Control Panel

You have to file a GHR for gameside warnings, so yeah.

Correct.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Satuga
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:51 am

Do warning levels ever decreases over time? Or do they stick around forever? If the latter, is the time between warnings taken into consideration when making a new ruling?
Alt-Acc: Kronotek.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

I much prefer uniforms, soldiers, clear lines of authority, order.
Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

So help me I will throw your tea into the harbor again

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 am

Satuga wrote:Do warning levels ever decreases over time? Or do they stick around forever? If the latter, is the time between warnings taken into consideration when making a new ruling?

Not a moderator, but I do know the warning level in your profile goes down after six months. I've had warnings expire, resulting in my warning level going back down. However, even expired warnings can be viewed by a moderator, though if they're that old, it seems they usually won't escalate punishments because of them.

Edit: I incorrectly used 'their' instead of 'they're.' Fixed grammar error.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 am

Satuga wrote:Do warning levels ever decreases over time? Or do they stick around forever? If the latter, is the time between warnings taken into consideration when making a new ruling?

They do decrease. I'm not sure whether its manual or just automatic but I was up to either 2 or 3 at one point, now I'm down to 1.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:59 am

Drongonia wrote:

They do decrease. I'm not sure whether its manual or just automatic but I was up to either 2 or 3 at one point, now I'm down to 1.

Expiration is automatic. Warnings effecting our warning levels don't last forever, though even expired warnings can be viewed by the mods if need be.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:59 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Drongonia wrote:They do decrease. I'm not sure whether its manual or just automatic but I was up to either 2 or 3 at one point, now I'm down to 1.

Expiration is automatic. Warnings effecting our warning levels don't last forever.

What about "unofficial" warnings. Are those kept on record despite being "unofficial"?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:02 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Expiration is automatic. Warnings effecting our warning levels don't last forever.

What about "unofficial" warnings. Are those kept on record despite being "unofficial"?

They don't effect the warning level in our profiles and are considered less severe than official warnings, but yes, unofficial warnings are put into our records. I wouldn't expect escalation do to one if it is over six months old, but it goes into our permanent records, and can be viewed by the mods if need be.

Satuga
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 am

Not a moderator, but I do know the warning level in your profile goes down after six months. I've had warnings expire, resulting in my warning level going back down. However, even expired warnings can be viewed by a moderator, though if their that old, it seems they usually won't escalate punishments because of them.

Odd, mainly because I don't believe I've been warned in the past 6 months yet I still have a warning level. Of course I could just be stupid and not realize it hasnt been 6 months but you know.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:05 am

Satuga wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Not a moderator, but I do know the warning level in your profile goes down after six months. I've had warnings expire, resulting in my warning level going back down. However, even expired warnings can be viewed by a moderator, though if their that old, it seems they usually won't escalate punishments because of them.

Odd, mainly because I don't believe I've been warned in the past 6 months yet I still have a warning level. Of course I could just be stupid and not realize it hasnt been 6 months but you know.

You probably got warned again and never realized it. That has happened to me twice, where I just happened to find the post quoting me and giving me red text. Many people get warned and are not lucky enough just to stumble upon the post.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:07 am

If you get warned, where is the warning level in the User Control Panel? I've been looking through it, but I can't find anything like it anywhere. Or does it only appear after you get a warning?
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Satuga
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:If you get warned, where is the warning level in the User Control Panel? I've been looking through it, but I can't find anything like it anywhere. Or does it only appear after you get a warning?

It's under "Most active topic"
Funny quotes:

Tarsonis wrote:

(Image)

Satuga
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 am

Satuga wrote:Odd, mainly because I don't believe I've been warned in the past 6 months yet I still have a warning level. Of course I could just be stupid and not realize it hasnt been 6 months but you know.

You probably got warned again and never realized it. That has happened to me twice, where I just happened to find the post quoting me and giving me red text. Many people get warned and are not lucky enough just to stumble upon the post.

Im usually pretty on top of keeping up with my posts so I don't believe ive been warned any additional times.
Funny quotes:

Tarsonis wrote:

(Image)

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:If you get warned, where is the warning level in the User Control Panel? I've been looking through it, but I can't find anything like it anywhere. Or does it only appear after you get a warning?

If you cannot see it in the first page of the UCP under "Most active topic" it means that section is suppressed due to your warning level being 0. It only appears if you have active forumside warnings on your account.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation