NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flamebaiting in Kuriko thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Flamebaiting in Kuriko thread

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 pm

Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm

As one of the reported parties, I'm responding here in my own defense.

Thermodolia wrote:I’m gender critical

"Gender critical" is the politically correct term for TERF.

Furthermore,

Thermodolia wrote:The mother is playing to these horrible stereotypes about women and men. It’s quite frankly patriarchal bullshit that the mother is spreading. Call me a TERF if ya want but that’s the cold hard truth.

Emphasis added.
Last edited by Grenartia on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I’m gender critical

Furthermore,

Thermodolia wrote:The mother is playing to these horrible stereotypes about women and men. It’s quite frankly patriarchal bullshit that the mother is spreading. Call me a TERF if ya want but that’s the cold hard truth.

Emphasis added.

Ya that was rhetorical. I really wasn’t asking you to call me a TERF nor am I gender critical, well not in the TERF way. I’m critical of the idea that sex and gender are separate
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Furthermore,

Emphasis added.

Ya that was rhetorical. I really wasn’t asking you to call me a TERF nor am I gender critical, well not in the TERF way. I’m critical of the idea that sex and gender are separate

Which is exactly the same way TERFs are "gender critical". And you've explicitly stated you're gender critical, which, again, is synonymous with TERF.

If we can't call a TERF a TERF, what's next, not being able to call a racist a racist?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Like I said, I was just responding to the word "TERF" and not to the OP of this thread
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Ya that was rhetorical. I really wasn’t asking you to call me a TERF nor am I gender critical, well not in the TERF way. I’m critical of the idea that sex and gender are separate

Which is exactly the same way TERFs are "gender critical". And you've explicitly stated you're gender critical, which, again, is synonymous with TERF.

I wasn’t meaning in the way you think. And you don’t have to be a feminist to believe what I believe. Hell im very much not a feminist.

If we can't call a TERF a TERF, what's next, not being able to call a racist a racist?

Maybe don’t flame someone who was just taking the piss?

And I’m not gonna get dragged into a debate here
Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I wasn’t meaning in the way you think. And you don’t have to be a feminist to believe what I believe. Hell im very much not a feminist.

Neither are TERFs. And, you sure as hell like to use their rhetoric.

1. Calling you a TERF isn't a flame.
2. Threadstalking me isn't "just taking the piss".

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I wasn’t meaning in the way you think. And you don’t have to be a feminist to believe what I believe. Hell im very much not a feminist.

Neither are TERFs. And, you sure as hell like to use their rhetoric.

:roll: Broken clock

1. Calling you a TERF isn't a flame.
2. Threadstalking me isn't "just taking the piss".

I’m not threadstalking you dude. I don’t have the time to do that, nor do I care about you that much.

Now I’m not gonna engage you any more
Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:13 pm

End the shitfight now. Let me have a read.

EDIT: Seeing as it's in the Election Headquarters forum, and I've been campaigning (however lazily) for someone else, I'll flag down another mod for this.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Blood Wine has received a 1 day ban.

Grenartia, Thermodolia - stop snarking at each other. I suggest ignoring each other until this election is over.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Blood Wine has received a 1 day ban.

Grenartia, Thermodolia - stop snarking at each other. I suggest ignoring each other until this election is over.

I request a second option on the things I reported Gren for.

They agreed with what Blood Wine posted
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Blood Wine has received a 1 day ban.

I request a second option on the things I reported Gren for.

They agreed with what Blood Wine posted

Because I really didn't see how its actionable in any way. Honestly, I still don't. Its just a harmless meme.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Grenartia wrote:Its just a harmless meme.

I'm not going to rule on the request for second opinion, but I will comment on this:

There is no excuse based on the idea that it's "a harmless meme" on this site. "Send nudes" is "a harmless meme". "Dicks out for Harambe" is "a harmless meme". The Navy Seals copypasta is "a harmless meme". Team America's theme song is "a harmless meme". "Hitler did nothing wrong" is "a harmless meme". None of those are welcome on this site.

Don't ever use "it's just a harmless meme" as a defense for posting content on this site. Period.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Its just a harmless meme.

I'm not going to rule on the request for second opinion, but I will comment on this:

There is no excuse based on the idea that it's "a harmless meme" on this site. "Send nudes" is "a harmless meme". "Dicks out for Harambe" is "a harmless meme". The Navy Seals copypasta is "a harmless meme". Team America's theme song is "a harmless meme". "Hitler did nothing wrong" is "a harmless meme". None of those are welcome on this site.

Don't ever use "it's just a harmless meme" as a defense for posting content on this site. Period.

For the record, I'm fairly sure I've seen Team America's theme song posted here before. Also, I didn't use it as a defense for posting the meme, because I did not post the meme, Blood Wine did. I simply thanked him for posting it. And again, I had no idea it would be seen as actionable, and I'm sure Blood Wine didn't, either (though I'll leave it up to him to conduct his own appeal). If I had anticipated it being actionable, I would not have thanked him for posting it. But I had no reason to think it would be actionable.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation