NATION

PASSWORD

[r]Flaming: UK politics

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

[r]Flaming: UK politics

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 pm

viewtopic.php?p=36513530#p36513530

Calling people parasites doesn't exactly sound like it's allowed here.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:15 pm

This reads more like a debatable point, rather than flaming. Unless you can point me to a rich British Subject who is willing to come in this thread and claim that they are being flamed. Not actionable.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:42 am

Lamoni wrote:This reads more like a debatable point, rather than flaming. Unless you can point me to a rich British Subject who is willing to come in this thread and claim that they are being flamed. Not actionable.

I can point you to myself. I am a rich british subject who believes it is flaming.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:51 am

Sorry to rattle your top-hat, GVH, but this isn't actionable.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:23 pm

So the person who was actually flamed was good enough to inform me of a warning he received some time ago, in which the mod in question stated that referring to a group of people as paracites was against the rules. Please could a moderator explain to me the difference in these two situations?

viewtopic.php?p=35962843&sid=8ec94ad1c83f272f7859a3c05db1fcd7#p35962843

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:So the person who was actually flamed was good enough to inform me of a warning he received some time ago, in which the mod in question stated that referring to a group of people as paracites was against the rules. Please could a moderator explain to me the difference in these two situations?

Trolling, not flaming. I overrule the Not Actionable decision: viewtopic.php?p=36518692#p36518692
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:So the person who was actually flamed was good enough to inform me of a warning he received some time ago, in which the mod in question stated that referring to a group of people as paracites was against the rules. Please could a moderator explain to me the difference in these two situations?

Trolling, not flaming. I overrule the Not Actionable decision: viewtopic.php?p=36518692#p36518692

Thanks, Farn. Cookie delivery shall arrive once suitable post-Brexit trade deals related to baked goods exports have been finalised, ETA 25 years.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Political nicknaming.

Definitely Not Trumptonium wrote:At this time in 24 hours I predict Sunderland Central announces first with a less than 5-10% majority for Labour.

Labour and Channel 4 goes into full meltdown mode and we begin to see crying on TV as they progressively appear conscious to the news that North England doesn't want Magic Grandpa with his Latte solutions to mug of tea problems.

Tories end up winning somewhere between 340 and 400 seats, probably like 355. Though I don't know about the Lib Dem factor, so I'll just say the other way round, Labour will win somewhere between 250 and 190 seats, most likely around 220.
Last edited by Gormwood on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Last edited by New Bremerton on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:15 pm

New Bremerton wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36522729#p36522729

viewtopic.php?p=36522824#p36522824

Flaming.

Same poster, same thread, same flame:
viewtopic.php?p=36522979#p36522979

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:40 pm

New Bremerton wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36522729#p36522729

Flaming.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:

Flaming.

Same poster, same thread, same flame:
viewtopic.php?p=36522979#p36522979

Got those where NCR reported them.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 am

So calling Corbyn Magic Grandpa is not political nicknaming.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 am

Gormwood wrote:So calling Corbyn Magic Grandpa is not political nicknaming.

Never assume that our slowness in ruling means that the reported post does not break the rules.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 am

So is it against the rules or not?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Gormwood wrote:So is it against the rules or not?

Rules-lawyering is.

Individual cases, as you well know, are judged individually. In this specific case, I'm going to say no, it's not actionable. This does not apply in any way, shape or even form to any other sort of political nicknaming, because, individual cases ... well, you get it. :eyebrow: Don't you?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation