NATION

PASSWORD

How to play this game?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
GDNomaD Nyx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby GDNomaD Nyx » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:10 pm

You are now a slave to GDNomaD. Join my region and buy my cards now or suffer dire consequences.

Mezi Mori
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mezi Mori » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:16 pm

I found pressing buttons to click another button really helps me, hope that helps you too.

Alternative answer: The main way to play NationStates is to go to Issues and decide your answers by selecting the decision that best picks your appeal. If you don't want to pick an answer, you can remove the issue from your list. Once you're out of issues, you'll have to wait a certain amount of time to get another one. After that you can enjoy the changes to your nation by looking at your overview/profile. If you join the World Assembly, you can vote on resolutions or repeal them. Some players like to roleplay with other nations through forum topics, regions, or telegrams. You'll learn the most out of everything by clicking and reading every page you first see.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 pm

NationStates is very open-ended. Just poke around until you find something that interests you.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

ArenaC
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby ArenaC » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:24 pm

Ggtyuio wrote:How to play this game?
What to do ?

I am new here
Please reply

Hello! You’ve been put in the South Pacific by default.

I am from the East.

Greetings.
The Commonwealth of ArenaC
the 2020 Laughingstock of the World Assembly LOTWA

my (WA) views do not represent my region and should never be interpreted as such. get angry at me. not the region. just me. ...of course if it involves me.

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:53 am

At its very core, there is no real 'proper' way to play this game, it's very open-ended and players can choose to play it in a variety of ways. Which I, personally, think is one of the reasons why NS has lasted as long as it has, unlike some other nation simulation games, you're not forced to play it in the way the developers intended (hell, let's remember that the whole raiding and defending aspect of the game arose from the whole UN endorsement and electing regional delegates feature, it was never anything intentional by Max and the other devs).

But here are just some basic examples of how you can play this game:
- Answering issues. You've likely already done this, but your nation randomly gets assigned an issue its eligible for after a certain period (when you're new, the timer is fairly short but gets longer until it reaches the minimum of 6 hours between issues, but you can adjust it to every 12, 24, and 48 hours) and when you select an option you like, it gives you a bit of funny text and adjusts your stats relating to the option you chose, which can also do things like unlock different banners, change your game classification, etc. I do highly recommend enabling the 'Require confirmation before passing legislation' option in your settings, in case you accidentally select the wrong option, it won't be enacted until you've confirmed again that this is the option you want.
- Roleplaying. There are technically two types of RP on NS, NS and non-NS roleplaying. NS roleplaying is done in the National and International Roleplaying boards at the top of the forum and that's where you can do stuff like worldbuild your nation and people, interact with other nation's on an IC level in various ways (establishing diplomatic relations, waging war, joining alliances, attending diplomatic summits, trading, participating in sports competitions, etc). Non-NS RP is in the Portal to the Multiverse forum and that's just any RP that has nothing to do with your NS nations or characters from your nations, so it can be an alt-history WW2 RP, a Star Wars one, a completely original non-NS setting; the only requirement is that it not related to NationStates.
- The World Assembly. You can join the WA and, as a simple member, you can vote for or against resolutions at vote in both the General Assembly (who's resolutions will affect your nation if they pass while you're a member) and the Security Council. You can also participate in the World Assembly forums and discuss various resolutions that are being drafted by other players (you don't have to be a member of the WA to do this part, mind). If you have at two endorsements by other players in the WA, then you can propose new legislation to the WA (although you should definitely draft it first as the WA is probably the most 'realistic' part of the game and it has a learning curve) and if your nation is your regional delegate, then you can approve proposed resolution, which is what they need to go to a full vote. (And another note, if you are the regional delegate, you get extra votes when a WA proposal goes to a full vote. You get your own vote + a vote for every nation that's endorsed you. So if you have 36 endorsements, then your single vote is worth 37 votes)

There are of course plenty of other ways to play the game: you can create your own region with friends and form your own RP group or just have a place to hang out and chat on the RMB (or join an existing region that you're interested in), the whole raiding and defending game (which, unfortunately, I'm not well-versed in [despite one of the few people I regularly talk to on this site being a raider], so I can't really explain that), but you can check out the Gameplay forum if you're interested in that part of the game. Hell you can even bypass any game features entirely and just participate in out-of-character discussion and debate in General, talk about RL arts and other media in the Arts and Fiction board, or just goof off in Forum 7.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

The united American-Isreali empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:56 am

You build a nation as you like and rp with others, with or without ns stats. Any questions I'll help you where I can or pm me.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:52 am

GDNomaD Nyx wrote:You are now a slave to GDNomaD. Join my region and buy my cards now or suffer dire consequences.

Don't spam the Moderation forum with nonsense like this. Thread locked.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation