NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Rules Are Too Strict

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Qwertyuioplkjhgfd
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuioplkjhgfd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:56 pm

The Democratic Marxists wrote:
Qwertyuioplkjhgfd wrote:
Actually I believe it's the opposite. What is obscene, threatening, malicious, and defamatory is pretty much opinion. The rules intended to prevent flaming and trolling, so it's funny (to me, my opinion) how some people would find any discussion of homosexuality offensive (just like any discussion of Jews people think it's offensive) so it's banned. It's all human thought and relative.


You don’t think there’s a difference between “discussion”, more importantly intelligent, civil discussion, and calling for genocide? Wouldn’t that be an unacceptable view in our ideal world? NSG tries to maintain a respectful atmosphere, why are you against that?


I'm not against that, I'm just against not being able to talk about controversial topics that people think automatically mark it as non-intelligent or uncivilized. The Europeans sure thought they were civilized when they came to the Americas and indirectly causes mass genocide of the Native Americans. You think I am not having a civil discussion, so were the Belgians when they came Africa, King Leopold, anyone? It was common belief Africans were not intelligent or civil, and their genocide was actually intelligent and civil. Again, it's human personal thought and belief as to what is and isn't (that's my human thought). Just because a majority think the death of Jews is offensive, doesn't automatically make it offensive, especially if the Nazis won the war, NS would definitely not ban it. That's how society works (it is supported by sociology and anthropology but I'll just say, my opinion).

Also,
I am sorry, then Australian. I again say I do not plan on changing site rules, just discussing it. It's like if I was gonna discuss 4chan's rules on NS, except I'm just discussing NS's rules on NS.

User avatar
El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15283
Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Dangine wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Discussion of homosexuality isn't banned. I've said this around 3 times now.

I'm pretty sure the point he is trying to make is that people find a discussion about Jews offensive and that get's banned. By using that same logic people having a Discussion about homosexuality should be banned too because people can find that offensive.

Discussion about Jews isn't offensive depending on what the discussion is about. If it's about how more Jews should've been murdered during the Holocaust, or how killing Jews is cool, then that'd be a punishable offense. That's loads different than talking about homosexuality.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

User avatar
Qwertyuioplkjhgfd
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuioplkjhgfd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Dangine wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Discussion of homosexuality isn't banned. I've said this around 3 times now.

I'm pretty sure the point he is trying to make is that people find a discussion about Jews offensive and that get's banned. By using that same logic people having a Discussion about homosexuality should be banned too because people can find that offensive.


Yes, that is my point. Also to be annoying I'll say you just assumed by gender.

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12879
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: NationStates Rules Are Too Strict

Postby Yohannes » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 pm

The rules are there to protect registered users. Registered users like you and me. I disagree with some things, and other people will disagree with other things. That's fine. That is why we can post in the Moderation forum to complain if we feel we've been wronged. We (Donata and I) have done this before and it was effectively heard by the Forum Admin (she apologised). There may be a weakness somewhere, but that's why we as registered users can post in Moderation to say what we think.

I don't know what you're here for. Is it to debate in NSG or to do some creative writing for your fictional NationStates nation? Or perhaps to participate in Gameplay. For me, it's creative writing. I try to stay within the rules, and to focus on what I love doing on NationStates. If there's something wrong we can voice our opinions by creating a thread (or post) in Moderation. The alternative is to not visit the NationStates forums any longer, because fundamentally, NationStates is run by the Admins and Moderators, who are the subordinate officers of Max Barry.
The Realm of YohannesDas Yohannesische Reich
Government Archive Act | Reichstag Parliamentary Debates | Tales from Yohannes | I Beg my Realm
Currency Intervention | A Game of Thrones | The Archbishop and His Mission | The Financial Diary | Homofront Yohannes | My competition
Embassy Exchange | VMK Industry | Bank of Yohannes | Character repository | NS Hacking | Our posting history
We love NationStates! Do you? \__(^.^)_//
NS military project: Tank | Armour | Bomber
All In-Character things I’ve written on NationStates are open-source/Creative Commons that you can use :)
2018 had been my most productive (IC) NS year since 2011 — I won’t be as active on NS now due to RL obligations :)

User avatar
El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15283
Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Qwertyuioplkjhgfd wrote:
The Democratic Marxists wrote:
You don’t think there’s a difference between “discussion”, more importantly intelligent, civil discussion, and calling for genocide? Wouldn’t that be an unacceptable view in our ideal world? NSG tries to maintain a respectful atmosphere, why are you against that?


I'm not against that, I'm just against not being able to talk about controversial topics that people think automatically mark it as non-intelligent or uncivilized. The Europeans sure thought they were civilized when they came to the Americas and indirectly causes mass genocide of the Native Americans. You think I am not having a civil discussion, so were the Belgians when they came Africa, King Leopold, anyone? It was common belief Africans were not intelligent or civil, and their genocide was actually intelligent and civil. Again, it's human personal thought and belief as to what is and isn't (that's my human thought). Just because a majority think the death of Jews is offensive, doesn't automatically make it offensive, especially if the Nazis won the war, NS would definitely not ban it. That's how society works (it is supported by sociology and anthropology but I'll just say, my opinion).

Also,
I am sorry, then Australian. I again say I do not plan on changing site rules, just discussing it. It's like if I was gonna discuss 4chan's rules on NS, except I'm just discussing NS's rules on NS.

So you think someone should be able to support genocide and not get banned?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

User avatar
Qwertyuioplkjhgfd
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuioplkjhgfd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:02 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Dangine wrote:I'm pretty sure the point he is trying to make is that people find a discussion about Jews offensive and that get's banned. By using that same logic people having a Discussion about homosexuality should be banned too because people can find that offensive.

Discussion about Jews isn't offensive depending on what the discussion is about. If it's about how more Jews should've been murdered during the Holocaust, or how killing Jews is cool, then that'd be a punishable offense. That's loads different than talking about homosexuality.


This is again your belief, your opinion. [i]You[i] think it's different than homosexuality. Not trying to offend, I think the logic applied to both situations does not make either of them different. Some people do find any discussion of homosexuality offensive, just like you find the same with killing Jews. There are people who treat them the same way, you may not be one, but there exists people who think they are both fine, who think just homosexuality is fine, who think just killing Jews are fine, and who think neither are fine.

User avatar
Qwertyuioplkjhgfd
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuioplkjhgfd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Qwertyuioplkjhgfd wrote:
I'm not against that, I'm just against not being able to talk about controversial topics that people think automatically mark it as non-intelligent or uncivilized. The Europeans sure thought they were civilized when they came to the Americas and indirectly causes mass genocide of the Native Americans. You think I am not having a civil discussion, so were the Belgians when they came Africa, King Leopold, anyone? It was common belief Africans were not intelligent or civil, and their genocide was actually intelligent and civil. Again, it's human personal thought and belief as to what is and isn't (that's my human thought). Just because a majority think the death of Jews is offensive, doesn't automatically make it offensive, especially if the Nazis won the war, NS would definitely not ban it. That's how society works (it is supported by sociology and anthropology but I'll just say, my opinion).

Also,
I am sorry, then Australian. I again say I do not plan on changing site rules, just discussing it. It's like if I was gonna discuss 4chan's rules on NS, except I'm just discussing NS's rules on NS.

So you think someone should be able to support genocide and not get banned?


Yes. Just because it's your opinion, or a lot of people's opinions it should be banned, doesn't mean it should be. It's called moral relativism.

User avatar
El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15283
Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Qwertyuioplkjhgfd wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Discussion about Jews isn't offensive depending on what the discussion is about. If it's about how more Jews should've been murdered during the Holocaust, or how killing Jews is cool, then that'd be a punishable offense. That's loads different than talking about homosexuality.


This is again your belief, your opinion. [i]You[i] think it's different than homosexuality. Not trying to offend, I think the logic applied to both situations does not make either of them different. Some people do find any discussion of homosexuality offensive, just like you find the same with killing Jews. There are people who treat them the same way, you may not be one, but there exists people who think they are both fine, who think just homosexuality is fine, who think just killing Jews are fine, and who think neither are fine.

Well then they can take that issue up to the mods.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 25766
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:08 pm

And at this point it's just running in a spiral into bad faith territory. Probably past time to stick a fork in this one.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2020! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hatsunia, Katharsis

Advertisement

Remove ads