NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling in Notre Dame Fire thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:21 am

The Black Party wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:You'll know when it's official. Speculation about it being arson. Don't split hairs with me. Drop it. That goes for everyone else.

*Emphasis mine

Farnhamia wrote:I could have sworn we went over this thing about arson speculation. Do I have to warn [The Black Party] for trolling? It really seems like you're trying very hard to get a rise out of somebody.

Luna Amore wrote:That and the second largest church was subject to arson last month.

I don't know why people are so anti-speculation (to the point of ridiculing anyone who suggests it was anything but an accident) on this. There has been a string of vandalisms and arsons against Catholic churches in France this year. Sure this could be unrelated, just an unfortunate accident. Timing and certain details do raise eyebrows though.

Can or can we not discuss speculation? Or does this improvised rule only apply to me? The Lord knows if I said this, and someone chose to take offense to it, I would have another warning to my name. This is ridiculous.

Update: Now encouraging arson speculation.
Farnhamia wrote:Someone should talk about that, I suppose.

Update 2.0: Not encouraging speculation anymore.
Farnhamia wrote:Moi?

Talk about it but make sure you have sources and not just idle ... uhm ... speculation.

I was trying to let you do it - talk about the cause of the fire - in a nice way. If you're going to be peppering the thread with ideas based on no facts at all, I'd rather you didn't. As it is, go ahead. We'll judge the posts on a case-by-case basis.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:35 am

Farnhamia wrote:I was trying to let you do it - talk about the cause of the fire - in a nice way. If you're going to be peppering the thread with ideas based on no facts at all, I'd rather you didn't. As it is, go ahead. We'll judge the posts on a case-by-case basis.

You blatantly told me (and "... that goes for everyone") to drop speculation, period, nevermind speculation of arson. I want to know with clarity, for the sake of my "warning rating", if you rescind your earlier command to stop discussion regarding speculation now that another Game Moderator restarted the discussion.
Farnhamia wrote:If you're going to be peppering the thread with ideas based on no facts at all, I'd rather you didn't.

Have I done that?
Last edited by The Black Party on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 am

The Black Party wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I was trying to let you do it - talk about the cause of the fire - in a nice way. If you're going to be peppering the thread with ideas based on no facts at all, I'd rather you didn't. As it is, go ahead. We'll judge the posts on a case-by-case basis.

You blatantly told me (and "... that goes for everyone") to drop speculation, period, nevermind speculation of arson. I want to know with clarity, for the sake of my "warning rating", if you rescind your earlier command to stop discussion regarding speculation now that another Game Moderator restarted the discussion.
Farnhamia wrote:If you're going to be peppering the thread with ideas based on no facts at all, I'd rather you didn't.

Have I done that?

You are free to discuss the cause of the fire. Individual posts will be judged individually. I simply urge you not to go off on a wild goose chase. That tends to hijack the thread. Just be careful, is all.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 am

Farnhamia wrote:You are free to discuss the cause of the fire. Individual posts will be judged individually. I simply urge you not to go off on a wild goose chase. That tends to hijack the thread. Just be careful, is all.

Thank you.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Previous

Return to Moderation