NATION

PASSWORD

[R] T-Series vs PewDiePie

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Iciaros
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 30, 2014
Benevolent Dictatorship

[R] T-Series vs PewDiePie

Postby Iciaros » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:57 pm

So... I decided to make a new thread for this, because it's distinct from the last report from this thread (which was about flaming). Honestly, I'm not sure what even to call this, and I understand it might not be an actionable thing, so please forgive me if I'm a little slow on the uptake. (I think it could count under spam/derailment?)

So, the rules of the thread are that you're not supposed to double-post. Unfortunately, Dresderstan starts double-posting around page 37. Talvezout and, later, Astoriya* retaliate by double-posting as well (Talvezout starts at page 38, Astoriya at page 40). This, combined with some accidental ninja'ing on page 41, eventually knocks the thread out of whack; we're supposed to have, obviously, just one number that goes up and down, but now it looks like we have two (this begins on page 41 as well, with some people ignoring Dres' inputs and others, eg Nuevo Cielo (on page 41) and Government Junta of Chile (on page 42, subtracting more than 1 against the rules).

Where we are now is that people are more or less followed the higher number, but AUC land, Revolucionario Cuba, Wahabi Hejaz, and Nuevo Cielo have been following the lower one (occurring mainly on pages 43 and 44, making basically two chains on the same thread). There also seems to be a little bit of confrontation here between Revolucionario Cuba and Dresderstan, though this has not seemed to have escalated.

At literally the present moment (the thread is going by really fast, and has gone through a page and a half whilst typing this), the count is out of whack anyway, though that seems to be less fault-based and mainly because the thread is going by so fast that everyone is ninja'ing each other.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for the extremely long post, I just thought some context might be important. Not sure which parts of this might warrant modly attention, but just in case it does, I figured it would be better to have this report here anyway.

EDIT: Right now the current number chain seems to have come to a close, because there is some consensus that it has reached +500 for PewDiePie (this consensus is not very old, though, and it is possible some disagreement may arise over the next while). Thought I should note that.

*Astoria, if you're reading this, I know your canon name doesn't have a y in it, but I decided to spell it that way so it matches your NS name for better identification. Sorry!
Last edited by Iciaros on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iciaros' Q&A: Ask whatever you want!

New Imperial Order of Iciaros
Sovereign | Heir | Chief Ambassador | Grand Admiral | Grand General
High Fantasy, Absolute Monarchy. PMT/FT on this scale. Current Year: 726 AA.
NationStates stats and policies are non-canon. Refer to factbooks for accurate information.
Welcome to the spoiler! ^.^ You are a great person and you should love yourself!
I go by Icia or Ici, pronoun she. I'm a hopeful writer and hopeless law student. Also, I'm afraid of basically everything.
I can't make everyone be nice to each other, but I can at least try to be nice myself.
Does my nation reflect my beliefs? Well, it's complicated.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:01 am

It's now reached 500, just a little FYI

Iciaros
Chargé d'Affaires

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Iciaros » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:44 am

Yep, as Astoria said. It looks like they're also asking for an iLock in the thread now, though an official request doesn't seem to have been filed in the megathread yet.

NationStates stats and policies are non-canon. Refer to factbooks for accurate information.
Welcome to the spoiler! ^.^ You are a great person and you should love yourself!
I go by Icia or Ici, pronoun she. I'm a hopeful writer and hopeless law student. Also, I'm afraid of basically everything.
I can't make everyone be nice to each other, but I can at least try to be nice myself.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:39 am

Thread locked, as everyone was waiting for it anyway.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Iciaros
Chargé d'Affaires

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Iciaros » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:50 am

Thank you!

(leaves obligatory offering of danishes, plus extra for the WA commendation as per the new policy)

Return to Moderation