NATION

PASSWORD

Does it count as gravedigging

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Does it count as gravedigging

Postby Astoriya » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 am

If you want to post in a thread that was last seen months ago, and you have express permission from the OP of the thread - does it count as 'gravedigging'?

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 am

It would depend on the subforum and nature of the thread, but generally, yes. Posting in a thread that's been inactive for months generally sounds like a gravedig. Start a new thread instead.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:53 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:It would depend on the subforum and nature of the thread, but generally, yes. Posting in a thread that's been inactive for months generally sounds like a gravedig. Start a new thread instead.

I should have added some context in the first post - the thread itself is an embassy application on the F&NI forum

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 am

Astoriya wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:It would depend on the subforum and nature of the thread, but generally, yes. Posting in a thread that's been inactive for months generally sounds like a gravedig. Start a new thread instead.

I should have added some context in the first post - the thread itself is an embassy application on the F&NI forum

Context certainly would have been useful. For an embassy thread in F&NI, you'll probably be alright.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Return to Moderation