NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Getting flamebaity in the NFL Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

[Report] Getting flamebaity in the NFL Thread

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 am

Nazarene already got an unofficial warning, and now Jerzylvania seems like he's trying to provoke him into getting in trouble again.
Jerzylvania wrote:
I'm talking to an overly obnoxious Steeler fan who's extremely bitter his team got next to nothing for it's best 2 players. So you want to take it out on the Ravens with a typical sore loser attitude. Get over it.

Jerzylvania wrote:You've already been warned for the underlined ...and I didn't report you. You yourself picked the fight for just the reason you stated. I responded without an overt personal attack. Why don't you try that sometime?

That part about the warning almost seems like using a mod as a weapon to boot.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:42 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Nazarene already got an unofficial warning, and now Jerzylvania seems like he's trying to provoke him into getting in trouble again.
Jerzylvania wrote:
I'm talking to an overly obnoxious Steeler fan who's extremely bitter his team got next to nothing for it's best 2 players. So you want to take it out on the Ravens with a typical sore loser attitude. Get over it.

Jerzylvania wrote:You've already been warned for the underlined ...and I didn't report you. You yourself picked the fight for just the reason you stated. I responded without an overt personal attack. Why don't you try that sometime?

Nazarene did not get a warning of any kind, he got an Ominous Loom and was told to behave. I don't read Jerzy's posts as bait. If they continue it, though, I will start splashing Red Text around. *goes off to yell at people*
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Nazarene already got an unofficial warning, and now Jerzylvania seems like he's trying to provoke him into getting in trouble again.

Nazarene did not get a warning of any kind, he got an Ominous Loom and was told to behave. I don't read Jerzy's posts as bait. If they continue it, though, I will start splashing Red Text around. *goes off to yell at people*

Can I ask, for the record...are you able to rule in the nfl thread, given you have participated in it?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Nazarene did not get a warning of any kind, he got an Ominous Loom and was told to behave. I don't read Jerzy's posts as bait. If they continue it, though, I will start splashing Red Text around. *goes off to yell at people*

Can I ask, for the record...are you able to rule in the nfl thread, given you have participated in it?

Generally, no, unless there is a sudden violent outbreak of trolling or flaming. I can, however, loom like crazy. You'd be surprised how effective the idea of a Mod watching things can be.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can I ask, for the record...are you able to rule in the nfl thread, given you have participated in it?

The "participation" rule isn't a straitjacket. Mods can't use their mod status or abilities to 'win' an argument or shut down someone on the opposite side of their argument. Beyond that, it's not really an ethics violation to rule in unrelated instances within the same thread. It's absolutely not a conflict to handle spam, moves, or other routine matters. If there's any ethical question, the participating mod will generally ask a non-participating mod to provide a ruling.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:35 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can I ask, for the record...are you able to rule in the nfl thread, given you have participated in it?

The "participation" rule isn't a straitjacket. Mods can't use their mod status or abilities to 'win' an argument or shut down someone on the opposite side of their argument. Beyond that, it's not really an ethics violation to rule in unrelated instances within the same thread. It's absolutely not a conflict to handle spam, moves, or other routine matters. If there's any ethical question, the participating mod will generally ask a non-participating mod to provide a ruling.

Thanks for the clarification.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Return to Moderation