NATION

PASSWORD

Flamebait and possible harassment

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Flamebait and possible harassment

Postby Yohannes » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi Moderators of NationStates, I'm not sure what to do here, but there's a problem I'm having at the moment

I have not mentioned Common Territories' name at all, not even once, since the beginning of the thread, but he has decided to try to flamebait me, and I feel like he's trying to harass me. It all started when he posted this picture here in the hope of trying to make me reply to his provocative post:

Common Territories wrote:

After that, he just went and tried to be unpleasant to just me but also TURTLESHROOM II by arguing with him and ruining the thread's positive vibe/good mood

And then he tried to flamebait me with this post:

Yohannes wrote:
Actually, yes. I won't start. I've had enough of your out-of-character attitude, actually. What you said to Turtleshroom was just cringy (I was generally on your side, but "segregation"... really?)

Since New Edom seems happy to support your attitude out-of-character wise, I'm dropping out of the in-character thread and will remove every single one of my in-character posts from the thread. I'll also be removing any mention of this event on my other thread.

You want to play disrespectful spoilered picture spam drama and tough guy, play with yourself and people who want to play with you my man. I'm out!

Edit:

A misunderstanding? I see. You can use something like what the Common Territories had done to me here, so it's more flashy and pretty (it seems you've approved his action too)

Not as cringy as tricking your friends about what sex you are, or having multiple meltdowns but come back months later hoping everyone forgot the last eight times, or how about your toxic rant from years back that made everyone cringe (almost as toxic and ironic as this one in fact)? You have no right to label anyone cringy or call out their behavior - your former friends and fellow Mentors know your true colors well. Your actions here and behind the scenes on NS are repugnant. This is why I never accepted your apologies each time, because I know better than anyone you never meant a single one of them. Even now you act like I did something wrong when all I did was politely deny the opportunity to RP with someone with different tech elements. I promised Edom I'd end it right there and I did. You on the other hand I can't keep silent with. Yea I'm the big online tough guy - oga booga! - who doesn't want to RP with super powered mushrooms!

Give me a fucking break. You were so desperate to start a fight that you go after an innocent meme that follows this site's listed rules - you're the only one who complained about it. I have done nothing wrong here, I am not obligated to RP with anyone I don't wish to (and if I turn them down politely each time it doesn't deserve to be condemned), and you coming after me for it in a bid for drama is pathetic. Go ahead and pick fun at my use of "segregation" to describe how each tech level is segregated to their own communities based on tech type. Don't bother addressing if I'm right, wrong, or if it's just my opinion. Just shoot me a nasty reply about how I used a word that you didn't like regardless of its dictionary definition.

The only person I'm apologizing to is New Edom, because this stupid shit is derailing his thread and I'm breaking a promise by contributing just a little.

I have told New Edom that I don't want to interact with the Common Territories at all, but seeing the Common Territories' attitude in that thread so far, I feel afraid he'll still try to interact with me in some ways. I have been super positive in that thread, until the Common Territories posted his picture spam reply, so I feel bad for the opening poster of the thread too (New Edom). My apologies for this, I just don't know what to do, and though I know that it may not be an actionable report, I just had to report it because I feel super uncomfortable by the Common Territories trying to interact with me (when I have not mentioned the Common Territories' name at all)

My apologies

Edit: I started to feel really scared when he started saying this:

Yohannes wrote:
Nice picture Common Territories Image

A bit off-topic from the discussion I was having with New Edom though (and spammy too). Thankfully that huge internet spam picture was spoilered!

Since I'm just a side poster here, no problemo!

Edit: I just have to finish a draft I'm doing for now for another thread. I promise I'll start the writing for my third post in your thread after that Image

(A) It has everything to do with the thread, (B) it's on topic, (C) it is not spam by any definition and I dare you to try reporting it as spam, and (D) don't even start Yohannes.

He said, (C) it is not spam by any definition and I dare you to try reporting it as spam.

I felt like he was threatening me not to report him. I don't know how influential he is (how many friends he got around the NationStates forums), but that part I was uncomfortable with also
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:37 pm

The drama there seems to be a two-way thing. New Edom's proposed solution that you are both responsible for staying out of each other's hair seems reasonable.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:43 pm

USS Monitor wrote:The drama there seems to be a two-way thing. New Edom's proposed solution that you are both responsible for staying out of each other's hair seems reasonable.

Thank you for your time USS Monitor! Yes, it was very reasonable, but I still felt scaredand uncomfortable by him trying to bully me with I dare you not to report me or else vibe I'm getting from one of his replies, and that was the reason I posted here. My apologies for this, and once again thank you for your time USS Monitor :)

Edit: Thank you for the reminder post in the out-of-character thread USS Monitor, and once again thank you for your time!
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 am

Since I have the right to defend myself, im going to poke a few holes in this flimsy toilet paper sheet of a report (especially since it took you only one hour to violate the "ignore each other" agreement Edom had established); but only a little bit because I think my point was made quite clear in my last post that you're attempting to have me done in for. This will be the last post I make to you Yohannes, even if im summoned by a court of law I wont respond to you again. And unlike you, I'll keep to the agreement and continue ignoring you (this is a special circumstance that I think justifies retaliation). So lets go in order here.

Firstly, you just knowingly lied in the first sentence of this report. Even when you don't count broadly referencing me or my creations, your last quote, which you knowingly baited me with, clearly stated my name and was aimed at me. I think anyone above a 5th grade reading level can tell that said post (the meme post) had nothing to do with you nor should it have sparked any such hostility from you - how it required your overreaction is unclear. But just remember for the record that it didn't mention you nor did it make reference to you. Anyone with enough experience online can read the tone in your post, which is why I bothered to even respond to it; someone who comes looking for a fight often deserves one I say. You belly ache over how I have to ignore you now, but you fail to mention how I've ignored your presence for well over 7 years now. Each time you returned to NS I made an effort to steer far away from you and I think it went fairly well; if you're not keeping up, this started after your disgusting response to me showing worry for you - that was in 2012 I believe. Now if you wish to go into a broadly defined tangent of "I have not mentioned Common Territories' name at all, not even once, since the beginning of the thread,...", you're even more of a liar. I implore anyone who cares enough to take a few moments out of your time to search the terms "TECT" and "Common Territories" under Yohannes' post history and you'll see I've been mentioned quite a few times over the years; I'd list how many but sadly I don't have the time nor the patience for such a task in this scenario. Add to that the fact you've attempted to DM me on multiple occasions to "apologize" shows that your "never mentioned him" story is full of holes. And you've yet to do it, but if you suddenly have no mentions of me but have old post that have edits after this post date, well I think that would explain itself now wouldn't it?

Secondly, your true motive in all of this was because of Turtleshroom, wasn't it Yohannes? You didn't like how I had to turn them down because of our tech level differences and how I grew angry with him after he tried to force his way into my canon? Just like you, Turtleshroom is a liar. When he stated he didn't see my post politely stating how, because of some elements, I cannot RP with his nation (as is my right), his next post after that was three hours later and responded directly to me. You can't respond to someone, quote them, and say you didn't see that post - that's simply not how this works. I don't know if you're friends, if he asked you to, or if you just plain didn't like me for some other reason because of that exchange, but it became pretty clear here that your issue wasn't my picture, the catalyst was the argument with Turtleshroom that ticked you off. I still don't wish any ill will on Turtle and wish him the best, but if he cannot understand that different tech level elements are segregated from each other (I can't fly space warships against sail boats, or normal people vs eight armed aliens in hand-to-hand combat), then I can't help him. It should be clear here that I am ignoring them since then (I'd just ignore the nation itself, but they were bumped up on the list of ignore cannons) and have no plans to interact with them in the future. Of course people can choose to ignore or accept those conditions and RP with each other (I even made it clear they could interact with Imperion members who wished to do the same with them), but I made it clear I have an opinionated position in MT that forces me to avoid other tech levels, FanT or FT, because of the inherent differences and unfairness between them; some choose to accept them to make a story but I tend not to. Oh, and if you want to go after me for using the word "segregated" again like im dog whistling as some racist (which is what I presume is your issue with my using that word), just remember you're the one who taught me about tech levels and the MT community, Yohannes. And I don't think I have to, but here's the definition of segregation: "The action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart." I think it's abundantly clear I am referring to how each tech level is different and segregated from one another because of these differences; if you think im referring to racial segregation, shame on you for such an obvious, racist, and obnoxious notion.

Third, I've already made it bluntly clear over the past 7 years I wanted nothing to do with you. I figured the feeling was mutual after you called me a dramatic grandstander who had a bad storefront, among a few other tasteless insults you threw my way. Of course I got off easy since I know first hand some of the abhorrent things you called your fellow Mentors and other former friends behind closed doors. But here's the thing Yohannes, you cite "being positive" all the time but what did calling me out over a funny meme picture have to do about being super positive? Nothing, that's what. You seem to want to count everything being good in the universe until I responded to one of those "super positive" posts, like im the bastard child you created when you convinced me to stay on NS and improve my RPing who now ruined your life. Anyone who read that page chronologically will see you started this stupid episode of drama after the thread's previous drama had been ended; I kept my first promise to Edom to not reply further to Turtleshroom after all. But I broke it replying to you because your disgusting behavior prompted me to. In fact, when I first replied to you I was already telling people to get ready for a report thread with my name on it because it was you of all people taking offense with me (the only one to for the picture FYI) and look where we're at now. You think your little act is fooling people, that you're not predictable, but you're not - not for people who've known you as long as I have anyways. "I started feeling really scared" "I feel super uncomfortable by Common Territories trying to interact with me." Give me a fucking break with these crocodile tears. Remember when I said to search Yohanne's post history for my name, now do the same for me. Go to my post history and search "Yohannes" in it and see how many times I've referenced him in the past before this episode of drama. Say for some posts I simply don't remember making (maybe I'll remember if im pointed to them?), I've never made an effort to mention Yohannes on NS. I'll come right out and say that I've never held back on Yohannes in private discussions offsite (people familiar with me know of my opinion on Yohannes by now and how hurt I was by him in 2012), and I've recounted the tales of my interactions with Yohannes more times than I can count, but on NS I've never made any such effort to even name Yohannes. In fact, when you kept DMing me trying to apologize Yohannes, I ignored you then too. I've avoided or ignored you in Discord servers, and I've never loomed on you or your friends here on NS - I don't even know who your friends are here on NS anymore. But here's the funny part, you've done that to me plenty the past few years, haven't ya? Im constantly mentioned by you for one thing or another, you keep pushing yourself as close as possible to SACTO threads even if it's just to mention the alliance itself (a group of friends of mine), and even now you got some excuse to be in a thread with me - where I never mentioned you once IC and am forced to now. So when I see complaints about me referencing how you don't want me to interact with you, or how you're afraid of me interacting with you now, I laugh. For someone to say that you'd think they'd want nothing to do with me, but your actions don't point to that Yohannes. IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO MENTION YOU OR RUN THE RISK OF INTERACTING WITH ME, STOP FUCKING DROPPING MY NAME EVERYWHERE AND STOP PUSHING INTO MY GROUP OF FRIENDS. THE ONLY REASON WE'RE HERE IS BECAUSE YOU PICKED A FIGHT WITH ME OVER A STUPID MEME THAT EVERYONE ELSE ENJOYED. YOU DON'T GET TO CRY WOLF WHEN YOU'RE THE FUCKING WOLF. Honestly, you can't just do this type of shit and complain about me doing it when I've (A) not done anything of the sort and (B) call you out on your behavior when you cross a line.

Fourth and final point here, that post/picture was not spam and now it has Moderator approval stating such. Unless you want an appeal after this post, which I encourage you to do since it is your right to ask for a second and third appeal pending forum rules, I wouldn't want you feeling like im somehow inhibiting your ability to make such reports/appeals in any way shape or form. But of course you don't believe that, do you? I am a menace trying to suppress your rights as a member of this forum, aren't I? That is how you labeled me in your report and responses in the OOC thread after all. In reality that picture was clearly within the bounds of the site's rules: It was in reference to the thread and its set topic(s), it wasn't obscene in any sense or fashion, it had the OP's approval, and it was spoilered in case some people didn't wish to see it/to not cause picture size related issues. Anyone paying attention knows your real issue here isn't about the picture, but if you're going to pick at fruit Yohannes, at least find some that are low hanging. I dared you to report it because I knew you would without me saying so and I knew perfectly well that it is well within the rules to post; if it weren't, I fear for a lot of people on this site. As I mentioned before, I was already predicting this thread's creation the moment you picked a fight with me - even Edom could testify to that prediction. It clearly wasn't any attempt to stop you from reporting said post, if anything it was my attempt to show you it had no merit to be reported in the first place. How the actual fuck could I stop you from reporting it though, seriously? I've been on NS for over a decade and have only one warning on my record, do you honestly think im stupid enough to threaten someone in a public space with any level of harm? I have at least three death threats placed on me at this very moment - you think I don't understand the consequences of making threats!? And why would I even threaten you? I am well known by many people to have some level of respect and trust in the Moderation Team, even if I disagree with them sometimes; I report things all the time, I tell people to report things all the time, and I make contact with the Team if I see something they should see. They can't tell you about that last one, but those I've involved in the past should know how much trust I place in the Moderation Team. In fact, I speak to the Mods on a fairly regular basis since im lucky enough to call some of them friends. So let me ask again, do you honestly think im stupid enough to threaten someone on this site or off it (knowing people have had police visits for such action here) for an action I know is 100% unpreventable? You can easily send in a GHR to keep anonymous and reporting potential violations is encouraged by the Mods. How you think I can somehow threaten you, someone who's been on site longer than myself, is downright laughable.

And lastly Yohannes, if you don't like how many friends I have on NS (I have plenty of enemies too if you're interested) then you should blame yourself since you were the one to introduce a lot of them to me. But if you want to question the morals of my friends, whether they're Mentors, Admins, or just regular players, at least go after them on their positions and principles. Using me as the big spooky ghost in the night wont do you any good, especially since you are partly responsible for me being on NS still and your reputation(s) I'd argue hold more weight than mine. Im not some scary CIA spook waiting to break down your door, im just another user here like you.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 am

Hi the Common Territories,

This is unbelievable. I have put you on ignore. I have so many things to say to you, but to follow the Rules of the NationStates forums, and to preserve my own sanity (and so I can still have fun browsing/visiting the lovely website that NationStates is), I'm not going to engage in this discussion with you. Please stop trying to contact me or interact with me from this point onwards. Please, thank you

-The real life player behind the NationStates account of Yohannes

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:07 am

Yohannes wrote:Hi the Common Territories,

This is unbelievable. I have put you on ignore. I have so many things to say to you, but to follow the Rules of the NationStates forums, and to preserve my own sanity (and so I can still have fun browsing/visiting the lovely website that NationStates is), I'm not going to engage in this discussion with you. Please stop trying to contact me or interact with me from this point onwards. Please, thank you

-The real life player behind the NationStates account of Yohannes

Don't drag me to a report thread where im obligated to defend myself then. Simple as that.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 am

I am going to highly recommend that both of you put each other on your foe lists. Other than that, I don't see much else to be gained from keeping this thread open any longer. iLock.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation