NATION

PASSWORD

[Query-Mods Only] Locked Ukraine Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Query-Mods Only] Locked Ukraine Thread

Postby Shofercia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Aaaand we're done.

Shofercia, you can go appeal in Moderation but don't re-post before you get a ruling or this one is unlocked.

First, I want to thank Farn for the ruling, and a cautionary note instead of a warning later on. That's cool! (I'm not joking, you guys know I'm direct in moderation.)

Second, before appealing, I just want to clarify the reason behind it. Vassenor, the poster who yells off topic every time someone says something that Vassenor doesn't like, did the very best to drive this thread off topic, and it's gone off the rails. If the thread was locked because its gone off the rails into off topic land, I can understand the lock, as there's clear cut precedent for it, and appealing it would be pointless. If there's another reason, I may consider an appeal.

Additionally, (and mods please correct me if I'm wrong on this,) the Russia-Ukraine arguments can be rehashed in another thread, and the EuroVision arguments can be rehashed in that thread. With that said, two questions:

1: Was the thread locked because it went into off topic land?
2: If not, what was the reason for its lock?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 pm

It was off-topic on the first page. You say it was Vassenor's fault but from what I saw, you joined in on the back-and-forth on "Russia good! Ukraine bad!" etc., too. The thread was not discussing Ukraine's withdrawal from Eurovision, it was discussing you supporting Russia, other people not supporting Russia, and all that. Honestly, I thought the thread title and the OP were pretty trollish vis-a-vis Ukraine. That's just my opinion and I let it go as long as a discussion might come from it. When you were reduced to posting "0/10" and "-1/10" and "-2/10," that was the last straw.

*fires Second Opinion flare*
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:42 am

I went through the thread in its entirety. I concur with Farn's assessment and am okay with the lock.
Last edited by Jakker on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Thank you for the clarification guys!

Since it was locked primarily due to the thread going off topic, I'm not going to appeal.
Last edited by Shofercia on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Return to Moderation