NATION

PASSWORD

[R] GA poster spamposts/bumps their own threads

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

[R] GA poster spamposts/bumps their own threads

Postby Araraukar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Could a moderator please point out to Hatzisland than posting several times in a row (especially in their own threads) is basically same as constant bumping, or spamming or both.

In one of his threads he posts three times in a row.

In another, four times in a row and then couple of posts after (one of which is a single post of their own) twice again.

And many more double or more posts in this thread of theirs than I even want to count.

I could kind of understand posting twice, is there was like hours between the answers, but four times within 20 minutes and twice one minute apart?

EDIT: Thank you.
Last edited by Araraukar on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I loomed at them. viewtopic.php?p=35329161#p35329161

Thanks for the report.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 pm

I'm very sorry if this is considered spamming moderation, and I'm happy to move this to another thread should the mods feel it doesn't belong here, but I must query this rule.
I post several times in a row if people are addressing me, and I don't just do it rarely. I do it all the time. I find multi-quote posts to look rather messy, and I won't reply to them because if you're quoting two people it becomes considerably more difficult for me to go down the post with my screen reader and find which one I want to reply to. Additionally, for the flow of a thread it can make it incredibly more difficult for new contributers to that thread to find what the currently contentious topics are, particularly in the megathreads in general if a post seems to leap between 3 different things.
Could this ruling be clarified please, or at least could a distinction be made between good and bad-faith regular posting?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Return to Moderation