NATION

PASSWORD

[QUERY] PG-13 rule concerning anatomy and nudity

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Piscany
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

[QUERY] PG-13 rule concerning anatomy and nudity

Postby Piscany » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 am

Now, Piscany is a nation which has a custom humanoid species in charge, somewhat resembling Gillmen. Now, I want to break down the biology of this species in a factbook, and something I want to do is have a sort of diagram/image of the average person of this race, and to convey that I'm obviously going to have to depict or give some sort of description of the *ahem* reproductive system.

Now what I want to ask is this:

1. Am I allowed to depict nudity and/or genitalia if it's in an anatomical, scientific context, either human or some other odd design?
2. If not, can I describe it briefly in a subsection of the factbook?
3. I also have censored versions of the diagrams, as well as two other ones that display the organs and skeleton. Could I use those instead?

Thanks!
Current tech: PT/FanT. Think the mythos of Atlantis or Warcraft.

Across the reaches of the 11,000m deep bottom of the Marianas Trench live an underwater empire, a collective of utopian cities, dominated by the Pescons, a species of fish-like humans, who regularly fend off giant sea monsters that realm the deep unknown.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Hard to give a definitive ruling without seeing the exact images and context, but my general thinking is: The concept of the factbook is fine, but stay away from showing human sex organs. If you're not sure, it might be best to use the censored versions of the diagrams.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Piscany
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscany » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 am

USS Monitor wrote:Hard to give a definitive ruling without seeing the exact images and context, but my general thinking is: The concept of the factbook is fine, but stay away from showing human sex organs. If you're not sure, it might be best to use the censored versions of the diagrams.

Well, the thing is, the sex organ censor is pixellated to make them unidentifiable. Would that be alright?

Or maybe I can PM you the images for approval.

Across the reaches of the 11,000m deep bottom of the Marianas Trench live an underwater empire, a collective of utopian cities, dominated by the Pescons, a species of fish-like humans, who regularly fend off giant sea monsters that realm the deep unknown.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 am

Piscany wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:Hard to give a definitive ruling without seeing the exact images and context, but my general thinking is: The concept of the factbook is fine, but stay away from showing human sex organs. If you're not sure, it might be best to use the censored versions of the diagrams.

Well, the thing is, the sex organ censor is pixellated to make them unidentifiable. Would that be alright?

Having the sex organs censored would be acceptable.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Piscany
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscany » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 am

Lamoni wrote:
Piscany wrote:

Having the sex organs censored would be acceptable.

Ah, I see. Thank you, then. Might give a warning on the heavily pixellated nudity in the factbook, just to be on the safe side.
Last edited by Piscany on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Moderation