NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Threadjacking in Founders Day ball thread.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

[R] Threadjacking in Founders Day ball thread.

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:16 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=457306

This is a thread for a special event, and it is being used by a handful of people to push an agenda over things that happened up to 8 years ago, or flat out never happened at all. I gave the accusations a very direct and open reply, more than they deserved, so enough is enough. Please intercede if possible.
Last edited by Klaus Devestatorie on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:11 am

Pretty sure we could add defamation to the count as well.
There is a very worrying trend now in gameplay, where a group of players is able to make veiled comments requiring no evidence or actual accusation, in order to smear their opponents. I can present examples of this happening to a number of players, with similar suspects continuing the trend each time, however this is the post I think exemplifies it in this thread.
viewtopic.php?p=35139945#p35139945
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:54 pm

As the threadjack effort is continuing, and I have received advice from a mod offsite that I should bump this, I am now bumping this. GVH is correct- these are users with very lengthy histories of harassment campaigns both on and off the site.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Hate to be too much of a bother, but please could we get confirmation this is being looked into?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm

This report has been active for... four days, with various Moderators looking at other reports. At this point, without action, clearly none of my colleagues felt strongly enough about this to feel the need to step-in. Neither do I. I'm seeing an event being announced for a region, and political efforts by other players to draw attention to their disagreement with the hosting region based on their perceived/implied/stated/etc. associations.

In short: I do not feel strongly that this is threadjacking, so much as it is a normal expression of political discourse.

I have gone-ahead and taken the liberty of flagging this ruling for a second set of eyes on the reporting parties' behalf.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 pm

I looked over the thread in full and did not see threadjacking. The thread is about an event celebrating the history of your region, so discussions about past players in the region and past practices of the region seem fair game.

As for defamation, there was no specific actions specified in the thread other than the potential of having certain players in the region. Not seeing anything as actionable.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Alright, thanks for looking anyway.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation