NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] what’s DEAT mean?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Deltanium
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Q] what’s DEAT mean?

Postby Deltanium » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Self explanatory
The Empire of Deltia
"As He died to make men holy, let us die 'cause we want to!"

I have joined the light theme war against the dark theme.

Death is a preferable alternative to communism, death is a preferable alternative to democracy. Death is a preferable alternative to fascism. I just wanna die.

Discord server!

Christian Atheists are Atheists who behave like Christians... I guess that makes me an Atheist Christian?

I created a leader template with the stolen ideas of SC and Zitravgrad.

Radio Łódź:Sabaton- To Hell And Back|Der Warzau Telegraf: BREAKING: Valentine Z says the N-word!|American troops arrive in France

Fecaw
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fecaw » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:56 pm

Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism

Seriously, it's short for "deleted" or "delete".

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:57 pm

DEAT refers to the deletion of a nation by a moderator for rule violations. The term originated in 2003, very early on in NationStates history, and is likely to have originally been a typo of "DEAD" or "DEATH". It is not to be confused with DoS, which stands for Delete on Sight and is an order placed on a particularly troublesome user, uninviting him or her from the site entirely and stating that any new nations he or she uses will be deleted as soon as a moderator spots them. It usually takes two or three DEATs to get to DoS status, though all DoS decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Last edited by Ghost Land on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Deltanium
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltanium » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Ghost Land wrote:DEAT refers to the deletion of a nation by a moderator for rule violations. The term originated in 2003, very early on in NationStates history, and is likely to have originally been a typo of "DEAD" or "DEATH". It is not to be confused with DoS, which stands for Delete on Sight and is an order placed on a particularly troublesome user, uninviting him or her from the site entirely and stating that any new nations he or she uses will be deleted as soon as a moderator spots them. It usually takes two or three DEATs to get to DoS status, though all DoS decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks. Have a gallows as a gift
The Empire of Deltia
"As He died to make men holy, let us die 'cause we want to!"

I have joined the light theme war against the dark theme.

Death is a preferable alternative to communism, death is a preferable alternative to democracy. Death is a preferable alternative to fascism. I just wanna die.

Discord server!

Christian Atheists are Atheists who behave like Christians... I guess that makes me an Atheist Christian?

I created a leader template with the stolen ideas of SC and Zitravgrad.

Radio Łódź:Sabaton- To Hell And Back|Der Warzau Telegraf: BREAKING: Valentine Z says the N-word!|American troops arrive in France

Return to Moderation