NATION

PASSWORD

Flaming/trolling in Military Realism Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Flaming/trolling in Military Realism Thread

Postby Allanea » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=425718&p=35058662#p35058662

Really, I think that level of discourse is just inappropriate.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:53 pm

I yelled at 'em. Not seeing outright flaming, more pushing toward baiting and the usage of "sparg." If it continues, let us know.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

The Tomerlands
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomerlands » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:54 pm

How pathetic

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm

The Tomerlands wrote:How pathetic

Unless you are here to make a report, defend yourself from a report, or to offer worthwhile evidence in regards to a report, do not post in this thread. It is considered spamming moderation.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Lamoni wrote:
The Tomerlands wrote:How pathetic

Unless you are here to make a report, defend yourself from a report, or to offer worthwhile evidence in regards to a report, do not post in this thread. It is considered spamming moderation.

The Tomerlands, I was about to post something equally mild, but stopped to look at your forum warning history. You're on the very cusp of losing your nation due to inappropriate posts. You should probably refrain from posting at all until you've read and absorbed the One Stop Rules Shop. Or not, if you simply don't care that you're looking at an inevitable ban. Your choice.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010

Postby Sevvania » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:48 pm

"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Sevvania wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=32847442#p32847442

Is this an appeal? In such a case, it would ease things if you indicated this.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Consider this an informative ruling.

Given our recent relaxing of the usage of "REEEE," we're going to similarly relax the usage of "sparg" - given apparently it has been ruled on previously in potential contradiction here. As such: the usage of "sperg" - a clear reference to "Asperger Syndrome" - remains trolling. The usage of "sparg" or similar will be treated based on its context of usage; such is to say that: in a circumstance where "sparg" may be used disparagingly as a pejorative, expect to be smacked for trolling or flaming; if it is used in a self-referential or self-identifying manner, that is entirely different.

Do not use "sperg." Do not use any terminology intended to flame or troll. Self-identification or self-reference to "sparg" is acceptable, unless it is used in a flaming or trolling context.

Apologies for any confusion this may have caused. The portion of my ruling relating to "sparg" will be struck.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 pm

When will USS Monitor get their long-overdue 3 day ban for just saying sperg like how I got for banned for it.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Kyrusia wrote:Consider this an informative ruling.

Given our recent relaxing of the usage of "REEEE," we're going to similarly relax the usage of "sparg" - given apparently it has been ruled on previously in potential contradiction here. As such: the usage of "sperg" - a clear reference to "Asperger Syndrome" - remains trolling. The usage of "sparg" or similar will be treated based on its context of usage; such is to say that: in a circumstance where "sparg" may be used disparagingly as a pejorative, expect to be smacked for trolling or flaming; if it is used in a self-referential or self-identifying manner, that is entirely different.

Do not use "sperg." Do not use any terminology intended to flame or troll. Self-identification or self-reference to "sparg" is acceptable, unless it is used in a flaming or trolling context.

Apologies for any confusion this may have caused. The portion of my ruling relating to "sparg" will be struck.

If you want to report something, report it. If you want to appeal something, appeal it. Otherwise, see above and leave the snark at the door; this is a report thread, and your bad faith is entirely unnecessary.
[KYRU]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation