NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Possible PG-13 violation: dog thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

[R] Possible PG-13 violation: dog thread

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=453058

Not 100% sure, but it seems like this thread is teetering on the PG-13 line.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Xmara wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=453058

Not 100% sure, but it seems like this thread is teetering on the PG-13 line.

It nudged the line but after several hours, there's no discussion happening, just lame jokes. Locked.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Okay then, thanks.

*leaves cookies*
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:52 am

Not sure in what World people talking about basic human anatomy is even remotely a topic that's banned for the Y7 audience, much less a PG-13 violation, especially considering that the YouTube video I linked is actually considered G rated, rather than Y7 or even PG-13 rating... so since it clearly doesn't violate the PG-13 guideline, I'd like a second opinion on it, because "no discussion happening, just lame jokes" seems to be the opinion of a moderator, rather than a hard and fast rule on NSG.

I'm also wondering how this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7opF4HifMk is either not PG-13 appropriate, or radically different from the situation described in the OP? To clarify, in the second opinion I'd like to know what rule the thread's breaking, and whether or not "no discussion happening, just lame jokes" is now a hard and fast rule on NSG, and if it is - who gets to decide which jokes are lame and which aren't?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:30 am

I am upholding Farn's ruling. There is nothing wrong with the video posted, or with talking about human anatomy in a non-explicit fashion, but the thread has degenerated to lame jokes, instead of serious discussion. Thus locking the thread is entirely justifiable.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:48 am

Lamoni wrote:I am upholding Farn's ruling. There is nothing wrong with the video posted, or with talking about human anatomy in a non-explicit fashion, but the thread has degenerated to lame jokes, instead of serious discussion. Thus locking the thread is entirely justifiable.

So, and I'm not appealing, I'm just inquiring as to what precedent is being established here, if the thread becomes jocular, and the mods rule that the jokes are "lame" then they can simply lock the thread? Seems like a bad precedent that turns mods into humor police.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:03 am

I think the topic is funny, but it's still a little, "What are we meant to discuss?" "Why is this a thing?" and, "This is likely to veer into non-PG-13 territory if we leave it open."
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation