NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] [Personal attacks]

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Sharania
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

[Report] [Personal attacks]

Postby Sharania » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:I have. Maybe you shouldn't valorate poorly-founded clickbait opinion pieces, go beyond even what they argue, and then whine that people can't have read them if they don't agree with your post? Just a suggestion.

"The article and your post give a very partial and misleading picture"..
"YOU HAVEN'T READ IT!!1!!11!"

Suppose we can take this as your concession that you don't actually want to debate but just bait like a little child? Take that shit to twitter, lad.
“This is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause”
Don't mourn. Resist!

The Cold War ended, not because Western leaders merely defended their values but because they projected them aggressively.
- Garry Kasparov, The Winter Is Coming

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36552
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:59 am

Sharania wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:I have. Maybe you shouldn't valorate poorly-founded clickbait opinion pieces, go beyond even what they argue, and then whine that people can't have read them if they don't agree with your post? Just a suggestion.

"The article and your post give a very partial and misleading picture"..
"YOU HAVEN'T READ IT!!1!!11!"

Suppose we can take this as your concession that you don't actually want to debate but just bait like a little child? Take that shit to twitter, lad.


Honestly not sure what you expect when you come to a debate site, post a thread, and then try to dismiss posts attacking the premise by claiming without any foundation that they can't have read it if they don't agree.

Is that not the sort of behaviour more fitting for a less fact-oriented and more emotion-based setting such as twitter? Is your response not childish and baity rather than an honest attempt at a discussion? Is calling you out for this and saying that this is how you're acting a reasonable response? Why yes it is. Bang to rights, and I'd appreciate it if you could now go back and engage honestly with my original post rather than wasting my time both there and now here.

Meanwhile I'll continue to dream of a world where gratuitous and dishonest reporting itself attracts red text.
Last edited by Dumb Ideologies on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hit CTRL-ALT-THONK for bonus post features
There is no good and evil, only puns and those too weak to make them
Member of the Anime/Meme Avatar Corporatist Fanclub/Reactionary Pseudosocialist Brigade

Pax DIabolica
Economic: -4.88 Social: +1.79
8values test: Left-Wing Populist

User avatar
Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 14022
Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 am

I'm not seeing the reported posts as actionable; there's nothing here exceeding the general background level of hostility one expects from debates in NSG. This section, however:
Suppose we can take this as your concession that you don't actually want to debate but just bait like a little child? 

Does steer a little close to trollnaming, which is actionable in and of itself. I would advise Dumb Ideologies, and everyone else, to avoid accusations of baiting or trolling in debate threads. If you suspect someone else of baiting, report them or, if you don't feel the intent to bait is clear enough for a mod to take action, just ignore them.
Ascended to Modhood on the 14th September 2016
The Grand Fascist Empire of Old Tyrannia
⚜ IMPERIVM MAGNVM FASCISTICVM TYRANNIAE ANTIQVAE
Factbook | Tyrannian Empire | Tyrannian Fascism
Everything for Queen and Country.

User avatar
Sharania
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sharania » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Honestly not sure what you expect when you come to a debate site, post a thread, and then try to dismiss posts attacking the premise by claiming without any foundation that they can't have read it if they don't agree.

Is that not the sort of behaviour more fitting for a less fact-oriented and more emotion-based setting such as twitter? Is your response not childish and baity rather than an honest attempt at a discussion? Is calling you out for this and saying that this is how you're acting a reasonable response? Why yes it is. Bang to rights, and I'd appreciate it if you could now go back and engage honestly with my original post rather than wasting my time both there and now here.

Meanwhile I'll continue to dream of a world where gratuitous and dishonest reporting itself attracts red text.


See? DI is trying to avoid trollnaming by using brand new "baitnaming". Right here, in Moderation. What's the difference? I'd like to hear a second opinion.
“This is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause”
Don't mourn. Resist!

The Cold War ended, not because Western leaders merely defended their values but because they projected them aggressively.
- Garry Kasparov, The Winter Is Coming

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 95566
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Sharania wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Honestly not sure what you expect when you come to a debate site, post a thread, and then try to dismiss posts attacking the premise by claiming without any foundation that they can't have read it if they don't agree.

Is that not the sort of behaviour more fitting for a less fact-oriented and more emotion-based setting such as twitter? Is your response not childish and baity rather than an honest attempt at a discussion? Is calling you out for this and saying that this is how you're acting a reasonable response? Why yes it is. Bang to rights, and I'd appreciate it if you could now go back and engage honestly with my original post rather than wasting my time both there and now here.

Meanwhile I'll continue to dream of a world where gratuitous and dishonest reporting itself attracts red text.


See? DI is trying to avoid trollnaming by using brand new "baitnaming". Right here, in Moderation. What's the difference? I'd like to hear a second opinion.

I agree with OT, it's not actionable. That said, DI, you've made your point, here and in the thread. If Sharania isn't engaging you as you prefer, move on.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo| In support of Arch

User avatar
Sharania
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sharania » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Same thread

Internationalist Bastard wrote:You’re such a polynygmion


polynygmion

"Stealth" flame and personal attack.
“This is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause”
Don't mourn. Resist!

The Cold War ended, not because Western leaders merely defended their values but because they projected them aggressively.
- Garry Kasparov, The Winter Is Coming

User avatar
Lamoni
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 5696
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lamoni » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm

It has been ruled non-actionable.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."


Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.


[04:20] * Yohannes enjoys having the position of being Lamoni's younger sister in NS


Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Now part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM MOD!


Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Emestia

Remove ads