NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] - Flaming of Russians in the Siberian Indep Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Report] - Flaming of Russians in the Siberian Indep Thread

Postby Shofercia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:38 pm

New Wrepland wrote:Fuck Russia. China should decolonize Siberia from the yoke of the Slavified Finnish Golden Horde.

Emphasis mine. He's back to his old habits, failing to understand that he should attack the posts, not the posters, the government, not the people, and so on...

He's essentially calling the 30 million + ethnic Russians in Siberia, (in a classic all X are Y example) as a Slavified Finnish Golden Horde - which is a fairly insulting term to Russians. I should note that the rest of the thread is surprisingly mild, and that nothing provoked that statement, or came even remotely close to provoking it. (Not that I'm inviting anyone to spice up the thread, I'm not.)

His previous record:

Reploid Productions wrote:
Improved werpland wrote:Don’t feed Shofercia.

Editing your post doesn't save you. You have been smacked repeatedly for harassing people with these types of baiting accusations. Given that you persist in this behavior despite multiple warnings/bans, we go to the next step.

*** Improved Werpland, DEAT for flamebaiting/harassment. ***

~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku

Farnhamia wrote:
Improved werpland wrote:@Shofercia is this you? Why have you lied to us for years about living in California?

*** 7 day ban for harassment. ***

I was going to lecture you on the sorts of behavior that are and are not acceptable here but I don't think it would have the least effect on you.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Shofercia wrote:
New Wrepland wrote:Fuck Russia. China should decolonize Siberia from the yoke of the Slavified Finnish Golden Horde.

Emphasis mine. He's back to his old habits, failing to understand that he should attack the posts, not the posters, the government, not the people, and so on...

He's essentially calling the 30 million + ethnic Russians in Siberia, (in a classic all X are Y example) as a Slavified Finnish Golden Horde - which is a fairly insulting term to Russians. I should note that the rest of the thread is surprisingly mild, and that nothing provoked that statement, or came even remotely close to provoking it. (Not that I'm inviting anyone to spice up the thread, I'm not.)

His previous record:

Reploid Productions wrote:Editing your post doesn't save you. You have been smacked repeatedly for harassing people with these types of baiting accusations. Given that you persist in this behavior despite multiple warnings/bans, we go to the next step.

*** Improved Werpland, DEAT for flamebaiting/harassment. ***

~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku

Farnhamia wrote:*** 7 day ban for harassment. ***

I was going to lecture you on the sorts of behavior that are and are not acceptable here but I don't think it would have the least effect on you.

Which poster did he attack? And Slavified Finnish Golden Horde is insulting to Russians? The Golden Horde peaked in the 14th century. I will, however, go yell at him because it shows a disturbing pattern of behavior.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

His previous record:

Which poster did he attack? And Slavified Finnish Golden Horde is insulting to Russians? The Golden Horde peaked in the 14th century. I will, however, go yell at him because it shows a disturbing pattern of behavior.

Didn't attack a poster this time, but it is "all x are y", i.e. Slavified Finnish Golden Horde is what he was calling ethnic Russians living in Siberia, i.e. referring to the People, not the Government. If it was a reference to the Government, I would've simply ignored that as yet another uniformed Werpland post. That's why I highlighted the part about "China decolonizing Siberia", i.e. he was talking about the people living there, being forcibly removed by China. Otherwise - how can China decolonize it? Pretend that nonexistent Governments don't exist there, and it'll lead to Siberian Decolonization?

That said - thank you for the quick response!
Last edited by Shofercia on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Which poster did he attack? And Slavified Finnish Golden Horde is insulting to Russians? The Golden Horde peaked in the 14th century. I will, however, go yell at him because it shows a disturbing pattern of behavior.

Didn't attack a poster this time, but it is "all x are y", i.e. Slavified Finnish Golden Horde is what he was calling ethnic Russians living in Siberia, i.e. referring to the People, not the Government. If it was a reference to the Government, I would've simply ignored that as yet another uniformed Werpland post. That's why I highlighted the part about "China decolonizing Siberia", i.e. he was talking about the people living there, being forcibly removed by China. Otherwise - how can China decolonize it? Pretend that nonexistent Governments don't exist there, and it'll lead to Siberian Decolonization?

I'll get you a second opinion, and here's some advice for nothing: stop replying to him. Put him on your Foes list so you only see his posts when they're quoted (unless they've fixed that).
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

I'll get you a second opinion, and here's some advice for nothing: stop replying to him. Put him on your Foes list so you only see his posts when they're quoted (unless they've fixed that).

I don't mind debating him. I just want him to stop attacking the people, be they posters, ethnic Russians, or anyone else. He's ok with debating; he just has to learn to stop attacking others, i.e. understand the "attack the post, not the poster" concept.

That said, I don't disagree with your ruling.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:27 pm

It seems like Farn has already handled this, so I'm inclined to go with that for now unless behavior continues.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2018

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:47 pm

On the same thread, and I know this isn't related to the issues on it with New Wrepland, it looks like there's quite a bit of thread derailment and personal arguments going on.

viewtopic.php?p=34369325#p34369325
What is on my nation's front page does not reflect my nation in rp. It follows its own distinct lore that is separate from what is defined by the "issues" choices.

Kingom of Cretia, total monarchy founded in the Middle Ages and remains unchanged to this day.
All factbooks (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mac ... l=factbook) are works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation