NATION

PASSWORD

Request Mod Intervention Please before it gets out of hand

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Request Mod Intervention Please before it gets out of hand

Postby United Republic Empire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 am

viewtopic.php?p=34154474#p34154474 - link to thread

Bloodwine is defaming another person and making false accusations calling the person a pedophile. This is uncalled for behavior and I am fairly sure the mods make a request for individuals not to talk about subjects like that on the forums, but I could be wrong tho.

Sorry, but I don't know how to link the actually comment unless I do it in a quote ?

Blood Wine wrote:
The Noble Thatcherites wrote:You do realize that region building is far more than just wordy gameplay posts, right? :blink: Blood Wine wasn't insulting anyone. He was simply pointing out the incredible amount of hypocrisy within the Enadian Union—that it was extremely disingenuous of EU officials to even pretend to care for the LGBTQ+ community given their horrendous record.

^basically, this
The funny part is that most regions are celebrating pride month in various ways without feeling the need to announce it everywhere

Carolus Rex Francae wrote:I understand regional pride, Green Africa. I just hope you can see past that pride to recognize that nearly all facets of gameplay have some beef with Enadia, and that the attitude that underlies those issues is still not resolved. I would ask you to make a change, but I told you all that a few months ago, and the issues are still there, so my hopes are not high for any of you. I was a yes man for years for Grand Central, a similarly inept region, and from that experience, I can tell you that your salvation will not come from making bold promises, dismissing past actions, and defending serious issues within the community. It will come from making serious alterations to the community. Until that day arrives, tell your founder you don't need an FA department--you've done enough foreign affairs for the next year, at least.

Such as harboring a person known to have had explicit conversations with a minor onsite
Separatist Peoples
OOC: Well, the GA is full of obstructionist elite, and the rules are just there to hold the OP back. Haven't you heard?

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:59 am

National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 am

viewtopic.php?p=23873865&sid=abe81ca4286281cc74850903b6a2fdca#p23873865
viewtopic.php?p=14803519#p14803519
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gre ... icci_haven

Request for an appeal, nothing I said was remotely close to defamation - I'm stating an objective fact that they have a known pedophile in their region
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Republic Empire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 am

Look I understand you're​ not realizing this bloodwine, but by stating such accusations without any viable proof or credible​ evidence, what you're doing is defaming an entire region and whomever you are speaking ill of. As syberis of Osiris even confirmed that there is not enough to even proceed with.
Separatist Peoples
OOC: Well, the GA is full of obstructionist elite, and the rules are just there to hold the OP back. Haven't you heard?

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 am

United Republic Empire wrote:Look I understand you're​ not realizing this bloodwine, but by stating such accusations without any viable proof or credible​ evidence, what you're doing is defaming an entire region and whomever you are speaking ill of. As syberis of Osiris even confirmed that there is not enough to even proceed with.

I confirmed no such thing. What I said is that Osiris is not a RL legal organization.
Last edited by Syberis on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Blood Wine wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23873865&sid=abe81ca4286281cc74850903b6a2fdca#p23873865

Request for an appeal, nothing I said was remotely close to defamation - I'm stating an objective fact that they have a known pedophile in their region

While still a minor, I engaged in sexual roleplay with another minor. Said minor had informed me at the time that he was over the age of 16, and having spoken to various others who knew him I was given no reason to doubt his word.

I am not, nor have I ever been a pedophile, and have provided proof at every time of asking that I was a minor at the time of the rp taking place. I am sick to death of people conflating an isolated action undertaken while still a minor, whilst being deceived, two years ago for a very serious criminal offence for their own political gain.
I am willing to provide the moderation team, if requested, with proof I was a minor at the time. Similarly I am willing to provide individuals close to the incident that they can contact who I am sure will assure them that no pressure took place on my part in order to engage in anything unpleasant. I am truly sorry for my actions in 2015, I am not a danger to other regional communities however I do not expect that Osiris will ever drop this opinion of me no matter what proof I provide to them. However, I would kindly ask that the moderation team prevent people from conflating this with a serious criminal offence.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Reminiscence

est. 2018

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Blood Wine wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23873865&sid=abe81ca4286281cc74850903b6a2fdca#p23873865

Blood Wine, after review, your appeal has been granted and the warning has been removed. I determined that your original comment was not harassment because it is verifiable.

With that said, your use of the term 'pedophile' in your appeal was excessive and uncalled for. Comments like that would very well be considered harassment/griefing, so bear that in mind moving forward.

Granluras wrote:

Do not spam Moderation threads that do not involve you. Your post was unnecessarily.
Last edited by Jakker on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 am

Jakker wrote:

Blood Wine, after review, your appeal has been granted and the warning has been removed. I determined that your original comment was not harassment because it is verifiable.

With that said, your use of the term 'pedophile' in your appeal was excessive and uncalled for. Comments like that would very well be considered harassment/griefing, so bear that in mind moving forward.

Whoops, sorry about that - could someone please edit the warning in the thread to reflect the overturned warning?
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Jakker wrote:

Whoops, sorry about that - could someone please edit the warning in the thread to reflect the overturned warning?

The overturn has already been noted in your records. I don't believe that we typically make a note about in the thread/edit the original post as well, but I can ask.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 am

Appreciate it, have a pleasant day

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation