NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Hypocrisy

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Eagles Nest Estate
Political Columnist

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Flag Hypocrisy

Postby Eagles Nest Estate » Tue May 22, 2018 9:05 am

I'd like to point something rather incongruous :rofl:

A Nazi swastika (like this): not acceptable (Yes, it was used by Buddhists in the third Century, etc, etc, but that's not what it represents now. To the vast majority of people, the swastika represents the Holocaust. A nation with a swastika appears to be endorsing that event; that's malicious and has the primary effect of offending.)

VS

The hammer and sickle: fine (Yes, I'm aware of the hundreds of millions of deaths. But when people look at the hammer and sickle, they think communism, not mass graves. If you can point me at a survey that shows otherwise, then we'll deem this one malicious, too. But until then, it's just a Soviet flag.)

Both definitions are correct , a Nazi swastika can mean the holocaust and the hammer and sickle can mean mass graves.
Now, you guys only define one as bad and the other as good because most people are illiterate potatoes that don't know the that communists commited atrocities as bad as the Nazis did.

The hypocrisy here is that YOU (mods) know of this fact and yet DECIDE to ignore it on the sole reason of your personal beliefs. I would bet that most of you have no problem at all with anything left wing but as soon as someone shows a swastika all hell breaks loose.

Ban al the flags related to the Mao's People's Republic of China ( he killed more than the Nazis did), Ban anything Stalin's Soviet Union ( he killed more than the Nazis), Ban the Swastika, Ban anything Japanese too because of Hideki Tojo. ( not doing so, according to your own policies, would be an offense to Japanse families who suffered under this imbecile of a man..

I could go on.

Do the right thing not just what you are pressed to do. Have some guts.

Cheers

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 am

We get a thread like this fairly frequently from someone who wants to create a nation glorifying Hitler, the Third Reich, the Holocaust, etc. Usually these people haven't read the rules and are unaware that the swastika is in fact not banned, what is banned is malicious content. You can have a swastika as your flag, but you can't (for example) name your nation after Hitler's redoubt and appear to endorse the extermination of millions. If you see a nation sporting the hammer and sickle which appears to endorse the massacre of those who were victims under Stalin then please feel free to report them.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Return to Moderation