NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Purposefully misgendering

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

[R] Purposefully misgendering

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Cop Met wrote:I didn't know what pronoun the person preferred (I didn't ask and I wasn't told) and didn't make a deliberate attempt to use one that they wouldn't approve of. I said 'he' because of old habit - probably because that's the appropriate pronoun in the vast majority of instances when dealing with people on online message boards. In retrospect, I could've said 'they', I guess, but it's not something I think/care much about. I'll try to remember to use her preferred pronouns going forward, though.

EDIT
Seeing that he's continuing to accuse me of being a bigot in another thread, I'll just keep using whatever pronoun I want. As you said: using the 'wrong' pronouns can be disrespectful. Well, respect is earned. And someone who calls me a bigot for disagreeing with them doesn't deserve my respect.

This is referring to me.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am

Warning deployed, plus made a note on his record that he has threatened to purposely misgender you, so there will be no benefit of the doubt if it happens again.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

USS Monitor wrote:Warning deployed, plus made a note on his record that he has threatened to purposely misgender you, so there will be no benefit of the doubt if it happens again.

Thank you.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Return to Moderation