NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling - Tennessee neo-nazis thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

[R] Trolling - Tennessee neo-nazis thread

Postby Vassenor » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:18 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Like forcibly defining marriage as "one man, one woman" in open defiance of SCOTUS.

(Making a cross-thread point.)

But they can have civil unions anyway so what's the problem Vass?
It's legally the same thing, surely there is no problem.

That's your sincere principles in situations like this, right?

I'm glad I was here to remind you of them, and the company you keep in having them.

Personal attack with little relevance to the on-going discussion.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:26 am

Pointing out the cognitive dissonance a poster is engaging in in the context of undermining their argument is not against the rules to my knowledge.

The context is Vassenor responding to my complaint that rape is defined as a man penetrating a woman with saying i'm "Forgetting" that a woman raping a man is sexual assault and carries the same legal penalty.

Within 10 minutes she posted this, and I thought it was too ridiculous and blatant a case of cognitive dissonance not to point out.
I am eagerly awaiting her response on whether this has changed her mind on the topic of gay marriage.

Honestly, my personal suspicion is that she thinks it's trolling because it's embarrassing and there's literally nothing she can do except admit she holds a double standard, or run to moderation. She chose the latter.

If it's moderations ruling that It is against the rules to note a posters "historical" (if ten minutes ago can be called "History") arguments and positions to question their current ones, that will be disappointing, and will only serve to facilitate duplicitous arguments by treating each thread as a segregated topic, as well as prevent posters the means to provide other posters the opportunity to reflect on their double standards, the sources for them, and improve.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:41 am

The Archregimancy wrote:Not actionable.

Unless I'm missing something, strong disagreement over a point of debate doesn't constitute a personal attack.

Popping up in a thread just to accuse another poster of hypocrisy as a result of a disagreement in another thread?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 am

Vassenor wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:Not actionable.

Unless I'm missing something, strong disagreement over a point of debate doesn't constitute a personal attack.

Popping up in a thread just to accuse another poster of hypocrisy as a result of a disagreement in another thread?

For the record, I checked the thread in general, not to follow your posts. I saw your post, and it leapt out at me.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Return to Moderation