NATION

PASSWORD

[q]How do DEAT's work?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

[q]How do DEAT's work?

Postby Revlona » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 pm

I've noticed while looking through moderation (I do it for fun as it intrigues me) that recently many people have been DEATed.

May I ask what DEAT means? I assume it means Deleted but that wouldn't make since as I have seen mods say in there DEAT posts that they hope that the perpetrators don't do it again.

Thank you
Last edited by Revlona on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 pm

It does mean deleted, but users who have been deleted are still allowed to make new nations and continue posting. The next level up is becoming DoS, which means Delete on Sight. These individuals are no longer welcome on the site, and any nations they are found to have are deleted, whether or not they do anything rule-breaking with them.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Leutria wrote:It does mean deleted, but users who have been deleted are still allowed to make new nations and continue posting. The next level up is becoming DoS, which means Delete on Sight. These individuals are no longer welcome on the site, and any nations they are found to have are deleted, whether or not they do anything rule-breaking with them.

Thank you, that clears it up
Lover of doggos

Goverwal
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goverwal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Is a DEAT synonymous with a puppet-sweep, or can you be DEATed while keeping other nations?

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Goverwal wrote:Is a DEAT synonymous with a puppet-sweep, or can you be DEATed while keeping other nations?

DEAT is not the same as puppetsweep. You can have one nation DEATed, but still be allowed to keep other puppets.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Goverwal
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goverwal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank you. *leaves Polish Cookies*
WARNING: These are not what you think they are.

Return to Moderation