NATION

PASSWORD

[report] Celebrating death in Manson thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

[report] Celebrating death in Manson thread

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am

Neutraligon wrote:Good. He can now no longer directly influence people.

Donut section wrote:Sweet, I guess.

Now his grave can compete with the Ganges for worlds biggest toilet.

Albrenia wrote:A truly awful person. It's too bad there isn't a hell for him to roast in.

Good riddance.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 am

If ever there was someone for whom this rule deserved to be relaxed, it's Charlie Manson. I'm going to pretend I didn't see this report. If a different mod responds, so be it.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am

It's not going to ruffle too many feathers if you show relief/happiness that a mass murderer has died. I'd say common sense decrees we let these go, or at least treat the 'hooray the mass murderer has died' celebrations on a case-by-case basis.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm

So the rule is not applicable for people who are responsible for mass death?

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 pm

MERIZoC wrote:So the rule is not applicable for people who are responsible for mass death?

The rules are to be interpreted and applied with a liberal amount of common sense. We're not setting a weird precedent.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Audioslavia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:So the rule is not applicable for people who are responsible for mass death?

The rules are to be interpreted and applied with a liberal amount of common sense. We're not setting a weird precedent.

That didn't answer my question. If moderation isn't going to fully enforce the rules they should at least lay out when the rules are applicable.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Audioslavia wrote:

That didn't answer my question. If moderation isn't going to fully enforce the rules they should at least lay out when the rules are applicable.

Celebrating death can be trolling, but that does not mean that it always is. If you look in the One Stop Rules Shop you won't see a section on "Celebrating Death" because if you did I suppose we'd have to warn our Christian users every time Easter rolls around. You've had your request reviewed multiple times now, we're not going to get into a complex analysis of every possible time we will warn for trolling and when we won't. We're done here.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation