NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Is "the orange man" political nicknaming?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Q] Is "the orange man" political nicknaming?

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Farn had ruled :
"Hoping that "orange man gets impeached" can only be read as a reference to Donald Trump and is therefore political nicknaming. File a GHR if you want to appeal."

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=426295

Is it a political nickname when it was a topic of discussion in the media?

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-is-d ... ge-2016-10

Not a complaint more of a curiosity question. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:27 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Is it a political nickname when it was a topic of discussion in the media?

There's lots of stuff that shows up in "the media" that isn't welcome here. The language used in South Park; the nudity in Game of Thrones; the rude memes from about a billion websites; and yes, the trolling tweets from the US President; all are not welcome here as comments from players. A lot of what gets said on Fox News or MSNBC would earn warnings for trolling or flaming if directed at other players.

Don't use "the media" as a touchstone for NS rules. Our rules are posted here.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Is it a political nickname when it was a topic of discussion in the media?

There's lots of stuff that shows up in "the media" that isn't welcome here. The language used in South Park; the nudity in Game of Thrones; the rude memes from about a billion websites; and yes, the trolling tweets from the US President; all are not welcome here as comments from players. A lot of what gets said on Fox News or MSNBC would earn warnings for trolling or flaming if directed at other players.

Don't use "the media" as a touchstone for NS rules. Our rules are posted here.

Political Nicknaming seems to be missing. ;)

But thanks......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:38 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Political Nicknaming seems to be missing.

I think we took out the specific rule at some point, because it's a subset of trolling. Hmm. May have to revisit that decision.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Assuming you're referring to President Trump and not to an athlete representing Syracuse University, the answer is yes.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Assuming you're referring to President Trump and not to an athlete representing Syracuse University, the answer is yes.

Nobody asked you.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Return to Moderation