Page 89 of 123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:01 pm
by Heloin
The Archregimancy wrote:Up to date

I've looked at all of the reports from Xmara onwards, though only took direct action with the last two reports. I decided to let the thread reported by Xmara continue because despite the not particularly good OP, seven pages of relevant discussion resulted; so the thread was succeeding despite itself. A made a comment along those lines in the thread for clarity.

If I may ask, why is that thread now locked and the OP vanished from the site? If that can be discussed.

Apologies for any spamming of moderation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm
by Wrapper
Heloin wrote:If I may ask, why is that thread now locked and the OP vanished from the site? If that can be discussed.

Returning DOS has been nuked.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:04 pm
by Heloin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 am
by Borovan3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:40 am
by Borovan3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:05 pm
by Tanwirid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:14 pm
by Jebslund

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 pm
by Frisbeeteria
Jebslund wrote:There's nothing really new being said at this point.

That's been true for at least the last 50 years. Abortion is not a situation where you can change someone's mind via rational argument. The two sides will never, never agree. Doesn't mean we need to lock the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:28 pm
by Jebslund
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Jebslund wrote:There's nothing really new being said at this point.

That's been true for at least the last 50 years. Abortion is not a situation where you can change someone's mind via rational argument. The two sides will never, never agree. Doesn't mean we need to lock the thread.

... Okay, I'm clearly missing something here, because it's a thread that nobody touched for two days shy of a month that people started posting in without adding anything of significance to (in fact, pretty much everyone but one or two people were pretty much repeating themselves from earlier pages.). How does this not constitute gravedigging...?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 pm
by Benuty
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=454207&p=35202629#p35202629

The poster is new, but obviously this doesn't belong in the IC thread of all places. To clarify I don't think the person is a troll, but rather can the post simply be moved onto my OOC?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=452580

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 pm
by Dresderstan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 am
by Frisbeeteria
Jebslund wrote:How does this not constitute gravedigging...?

The simple answer is "who cares?" Gravedigging is not a major offense - it's just a way to shut down threads that have served their purpose when someone pointlessly resurrects it. There's always been a thread on abortion, and there's always going to be one. Why not this one?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 am
by Jebslund
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Jebslund wrote:How does this not constitute gravedigging...?

The simple answer is "who cares?" Gravedigging is not a major offense - it's just a way to shut down threads that have served their purpose when someone pointlessly resurrects it. There's always been a thread on abortion, and there's always going to be one. Why not this one?

Okay. I understand now. Thanks for the explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:10 am
by The Free Joy State
Seems to duplicate the purpose of the abortion thread, and explicitly states that it's "not a discussion thread" in NSG
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=458402

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:51 am
by Borovan3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:03 pm
by Xmara
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=458404&p=35208167#p35208167

He took the locked abortion thread to F7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:12 pm
by Free Republics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 pm
by The Rapture Republic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:45 pm
by Imperium Anglorum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm
by The Two Jerseys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm
by Kyrusia
Folks, please take a moment to see if the thread you're reporting has already been reported. If it has, don't bother to duplicate that report by reporting it again. All that does is burn-up more of our time that we could be spending handling other reports, resolving GHRs, etc. Thanks.

We appear to be caught up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 am
by Gallade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:38 pm
by Danubian Peoples

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:08 pm
by Borovan entered the region as he

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 pm
by Kyrusia
Borovan entered the region as he wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=458431
belongs in factbooks and ni

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=458495
f7

I'd say both of those are best suited for F7, actually. Which is where I have moved them to.