NATION

PASSWORD

A Thread I Started was Closed by Katganistan

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Democratic Communist Federation
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

A Thread I Started was Closed by Katganistan

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 am

The following is in relationship to this thread: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=423882:

First, moderator USS Monitor wrote in the thread:

Eh... I guess the thread can stay where it is, but at least it's been clarified what the topic is.

Senior game monitor Katganistan locked the thread after posting this message:

1) Information about one's Nationstates nation belong in Factbooks and Information.
2) NSG is not a place to collect information for your homework assignments.

I am the person who began the thread and am not collecting information for my "homework assignments." I am a 61-year-old college sociology professor, not a student. I come here for fun and relaxation. To my knowledge, I broke no rules (as USS Monitor initially stated).

I am new here. The reason I post in the forum is because I enjoy good intellectual discussions. That is precisely the type of discussion which was taking place before Katganistan ended the thread.

Now, I must admit, I am confused. What am I supposed to do in these forums? I am always polite, and I make an effort to offend no one.

I also sent a telegram to Katganistan. So far, I have not heard back from the person.

Cheers,

Mod edit: *redacted personal information*
Last edited by Luna Amore on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed personal info

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:03 am

For transparency, I've redacted your personal info.

Your thread is odd because it is still straddling the IC/OOC (In character/Out of character) boundary. General is strictly OOC. Threads concerning what a player's nation thinks/what religion is prominent in their nation are limited to the IC forums like F&NI (Factbooks and National Information). To be in General it needs to be solely OOC.

As far as the homework help, I think Kat may have misread your edited OP.

I'll unlock your thread, but can you change the thread title and OP to make it clear you are talking about the player's real life religion as opposed to what religion is prominent in their NS Nation?

Democratic Communist Federation
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks. I changed the title of the thread and edited the initial post. I think it is now clear that I am referring to matters of personal faith (not national religions).
Ššālōm ʿălēyəḵẹm, Mōšẹh ʾẠhărōn hạ•Lēwiy bẹn Hẹʿrəšẹʿl (Hebrew/Yiddish, מֹשֶׁה אַהֲרֹן הַלֵוִי בֶּן הֶערְשֶׁעל)
third campismLibertarian Marxist Social Fictioncritical realismAntifaDialectical metaRealism ☝️ The
MarkFoster.NETwork
You are welcome as an embassy of Antifa Dialectical metaRealism. Our ♥️ ḏik°r
(Arabic, ذِكْر. remembrance): Yā Bahāˁ ʾal•⫯Ab°haỳ, wa•yā ʿAliyy ʾal•⫯Aʿ°laỳ! (Arabic, !يَا بَهَاء لأَبْهَى ، وَيَا عَلِيّ الأَعْلَى)
Code: Select all
[color=#ff0000]Member,[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=democratic_communist_federation/detail=factbook/id=870177][color=#ff0000][u]Antifa Dialectical metaRealism[/u][/color][/url]

Return to Moderation