NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Chill thread - Includes C/CLT Final Ruling

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

[R] Chill thread - Includes C/CLT Final Ruling

Postby Aikoland » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:36 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=423945

Yeah

(someone should also probably tell OP that 'rebelling' against the mods isn't a good idea)
Last edited by Kyrusia on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title changed to reflect final ruling on C/CLTs.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Lock and warning deployed.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Since this is on topic:
viewtopic.php?p=30748345#p30748345
It's almost October and the ruling on the moratorium has not been given. My apologies if I'm rushing your decision in some way, I was just sort of curious on it.
*please don't warn me for spamming Moderation I don't intend to I just thought it was relevant*
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Serrus wrote:Since this is on topic:
It's almost October and the ruling on the moratorium has not been given. My apologies if I'm rushing your decision in some way, I was just sort of curious on it.
*please don't warn me for spamming Moderation I don't intend to I just thought it was relevant*

There has been some discussion about it. I'll give the hivemind a poke and see about getting a definite decision.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Serrus wrote:Since this is on topic:

There has been some discussion about it. I'll give the hivemind a poke and see about getting a definite decision.

Alright, cool.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:27 pm

On December 27, 2016, the NS Moderation Team extended the moratorium on chill/chat location threads until September of this year, stating that a discussion would be had as to their fate. Following a lengthy discussion spanning several months, we have come to a final decision regarding C/CLTs in Forum 7.

During this moratorium, we have only ever seen minimal community involvement, usually surrounding our self-imposed deadlines; self-policing has been minimal and reporting has been hit-or-miss, with several threads being created throughout this time specifically to violate this moratorium being indulged until discovered by a Moderator on patrol. Furthermore, we have come to believe that the worst offenders have either taken their actionable content offsite, have chosen to attempt to hide it in other thread styles (specifically certain "Above Nation" thread types), or have chosen to hide it within telegrams - something that is still unacceptable, but there is very little we can do unless it is reported.

Conversely, due to the Moderator-run chill/chat location thread, we have overall seen actionable content surrounding C/CLTs diminish. This is a positive outcome, and is ultimately why we have chosen to rule as we have. Even so, we do not have much in the way of confidence that were the moratorium to be rescinded that actionable behavior would not quickly return; it returned following the first moratorium, and there is very little indication this will not happen again provided time and distance from the moratorium itself.

As such, the following is considered our final ruling on chill/chat location threads in F7:

• Chill/chat location threads are now explicitly prohibited.
  • The only exception shall be the "Ram's Head Saloon," which shall henceforth be the only permissible C/CLT in F7.
Players that wish to participate in C/CLT-like threads on the forums are welcome in the Ram's Head. Any C/CLTs opened elsewhere will be locked, with the creators facing penalties - warnings, bans, or more severe actions. We do not see this ruling changing for the foreseeable future.

— NS Moderation Team
Last edited by Kyrusia on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Return to Moderation