NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] GA branding discussion, why was thread locked?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

[Q] GA branding discussion, why was thread locked?

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:55 am

Can't quote Fris's post as the thread is locked, but it's this one: viewtopic.php?p=32190802#p32190802
Why did you find it necessary to bump this months-dead thread with an unsupported nonsense post?

If anyone wants to continue this discussion, do so in a current thread. Locked for gravedigging.

Why was the original one locked? Wouldn't it have made more sense to merge the new one into it? The discussion is still exactly same, no consensus was reached in the earlier thread, and Bakhton's bump post about him supporting extending the number of co-authors to 5 instead of the current 3 was hardly nonsense and instead very much in topic.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:06 am

Araraukar wrote: Bakhton's bump post about him supporting extending the number of co-authors to 5 instead of the current 3 was hardly nonsense and instead very much in topic.

No it wasn't. Nobody was talking about # of co-authors for the last several pages. It was an unsupported nonsense post.

Araraukar wrote:Wouldn't it have made more sense to merge the new one into it?

It would have made more sense for IA to revive the earlier discussion rather than start a new thread. It would have made more sense for you to recommend that the new thread be locked instead of bumping the new one with a link to the old one. There are a number of things that would have made more sense, but they weren't done.

Araraukar wrote:Why was the original one locked?

I've merged the two threads and unlocked them. Next time, perhaps you could simply ask instead of being confrontational.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Why was the original one locked?

I've merged the two threads and unlocked them. Next time, perhaps you could simply ask instead of being confrontational.

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to sound confrontational, was just trying to ask if there was some reason that wasn't obvious to me, but thank you for the merge and unlock.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Return to Moderation