NATION

PASSWORD

[report] Keshiland and the WA

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

[report] Keshiland and the WA

Postby Thyerata » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:23 am

First, since GenSec was created I don't know who has primary responsibility for this. If it's in the wrong place, can it be towed to the right place?

Briefly, I have come to the view that Keshiland is abusing the WA, or is otherwise taking a bad faith approach, such that he should be ejected from the WA. First, he continually spams the WA by submitting a draft, withdrawing it when GenSec rule it illegal, then promptly resubmitting (for a current example, see here: viewtopic.php?p=32189385&sid=688dd3883227eff34462f87bb1c517b8#p32189385). Furthermore, he posts drafts in the WA forums, but refuses to constructively engage with those who wish to help him (see Bears' post linked above, and here: viewtopic.php?p=32189303#p32189303)
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:29 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:That's a violation of custom, not a violation of law. Absent actual rulebreaking, it's up to the community to make him see the light.

I would point you in the direction of this, extracted from the GA rule set...
A player who has repeated submission of illegal proposals will result in removal from the WA
. Keshiland is breaking the rules because of his repeated submission of illegal proposals
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 am

Thyerata wrote:I would point you in the direction of this, extracted from the GA rule set...
A player who has repeated submission of illegal proposals will result in removal from the WA
. Keshiland is breaking the rules because of his repeated submission of illegal proposals

That rule doesn't reflect certain changes to the game since it was written. We've added the author's ability to remove his own proposal, and GenSec has replaced the moderators in illegal proposal identification. Frankly, the mods hardly ever eject for anything other than obscenity, spam, or plagiarism.

Since GenSec is now responsible for GA rules, you would need to start a thread in the GA forum to discuss changes to this rule, or enforcement against players like Keshiland. The mods will participate as interested players, but it's really not our responsibility anymore.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:01 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:*snip*

I have a question on that, and I hope this isn't counted as spamming moderation, but not awfully long ago (certainly within GenSec's existence) I reported a similar case of another player doing the same thing, via a GHR, and I think the VoM TG said the same should/could be done if it reoccurred. Is that advice still legit?
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Is that advice still legit?

Find the link and I'll respond. I'm not going to make a ruling on a memory.

Can't find the TG even in my deleted TGs folder, so I'm withdrawing the question. My apologies.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation