NATION

PASSWORD

[Query]Why was Scarey (true) Stories Thread locked?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Query]Why was Scarey (true) Stories Thread locked?

Postby AiliailiA » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:13 am

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=418188

Most of the stories weren't very interesting to me, but a few were. Can't see any reason for the thread to be locked?
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:51 am

At a guess, I'd say because it was not a discussion but rather better suited to Forum 7, if anywhere.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:52 am

Katganistan wrote:At a guess, I'd say because it was not a discussion but rather better suited to Forum 7, if anywhere.

Then shouldn't it have been simply towed?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:16 am

Wait, so that thread can't exist at all. So, then how can player tell stories then
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:31 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Wait, so that thread can't exist at all. So, then how can player tell stories then

Reddit
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:22 am

Katganistan wrote:Doesn't quite fit there either -- it's not a game, it's not a roleplay thread....

Wouldn't it go in Arrts & Fiction? I mean let's be honest here, most of the stories people tell in such threads are complete fiction anyways.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:48 am

A&F works, towed and unlocked.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:05 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Doesn't quite fit there either -- it's not a game, it's not a roleplay thread....

Wouldn't it go in Arrts & Fiction? I mean let's be honest here, most of the stories people tell in such threads are complete fiction anyways.

No, it's real. We aren't telling a lie or make a fiction/creepy pasta there. We are telling a true creepy story
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:08 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Wouldn't it go in Arrts & Fiction? I mean let's be honest here, most of the stories people tell in such threads are complete fiction anyways.

No, it's real. We aren't telling a lie or make a fiction/creepy pasta there. We are telling a true creepy story

The thread is fine in A&F.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation