NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flamebaiting

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[R] Flamebaiting

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 pm

This is the two part post. The first part merely establishes the context. The second part is the flamebait, so I'm posting the spoilered part merely to provide context, just in case the poster claims "but that's not really what I meant - honest!"

Internationalist Bastard wrote:What happened to not involving ourselves further? A direct attack here aint gonna help

The East Marches II wrote:If we have to be operating in that region, it does pay to slap them when they cross the line. Just like with that probe convoy we wiped out. They need to learn limits and lines that shouldn't be crossed.

Internationalist Bastard wrote:I'm not sure if that works when an American pilot kills a soldier of the Russian backed government

Shofercia wrote:Russia did nothing? That's odd, because I recall Russia repeatedly bombing the area harboring those who shot at the Russian pilot, imposing sanctions on Turkey, (which went answered,) and driving Erdogan to the point of extraditing those responsible for the shoot down. I wouldn't exactly call that nothing.

The East Marches II wrote:They did. Everybody thought the Russian bear would slap Turkey. They meekly sent an angry letter and passed some sanctions, the same sorts of tactics you so often deride. It was nothing. The Russians don't have the guys to face a properly civilized foe. They know their weakness. Those pilots were part of the coup plot from what I understand. Then again, you'll take anything that comes out of the Kremlin on face value alone.

Shofercia wrote:The Russians also killed, or almost killed, everyone who was directly involved, up to, but not including, the national government levels. Just because Russia didn't make a public announcement, "hey, we're going to kill all of these motherfuckers!" doesn't mean that it wasn't done. Furthermore, the main issue was the fuckers who shot at the Russian pilot and killed him. Those fuckers have been practically annihilated in that area.

The East Marches II wrote:You sure showed those Turks, very stronk Russian response. Whatever would Turkey do without those wives? Sure, sure. Russia talks a big game but when the chips are down, its worst tactic is to take a few women back.

Shofercia wrote:If you're going to ignore everything I say, and respond with "lolwives" - is there really a point in me not ignoring you? Probably not.

The East Marches II wrote:I provided evidence of the actual Russian response. The truth hurts doesn't it?

Shofercia wrote:You provided evidence of something completely unrelated to Russia's response. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

His comments were that Russia's anti-Turkish sanctions were limited to removing Russian wives of Turks, temporarily, and then bringing them back, and my response was that was nonsense. And so on... that's your usual banter, snark, etc, limited to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=416035

That's about Russia, the Middle East, Syria, shooting down planes, United States, Kurds, Turkey, and so on. Again, nothing wrong with that, although it was approaching a boiling point.

However, in a completely different thread, on a topic totally unrelated to that, a topic about US, Germany, Russia, and sanctions, (as opposed to actual war,) while completely unprovoked, East Marches II had this to say: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=416301

The East Marches II wrote:Looks like America's sanctions are getting serious. Unlike Ivan and his daughters of the motherland leaving their Turkish husbands, I believe dollars leaving wallets is a good measure.

Sure he tossed out the casual phrases like "America's sanctions" and "dollars leaving wallets" to appear as if he's posting on topic, but he's clearly hoping to flamebait me, across several threads, into yet another pointless discussion, which could evolve into flaming, in a place where that's neither on topic nor welcome. That's classic Flamebaiting. And he knew I'd read that, because I am the OP of said thread.

It's not a secret on NSG that I'm Russian and proud of it. Nor that other posters trolled me on it, and have been warned for it: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=272324 (First two posts)

East Marches II's point makes a pretense addressing the topic, for the sole point of taking a nonsensical discussion into a potentially flaming one, across two threads, which makes it a classic case of Flamebaiting.
Last edited by Shofercia on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm

I do not see that as actionable.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 pm

NERVUN wrote:I do not see that as actionable.

So is it ok to spam the threads of others in order to promote baiting and derailing of multiple threads as long as the flaming is not blatant?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Shofercia wrote:
NERVUN wrote:I do not see that as actionable.

So is it ok to spam the threads of others in order to promote baiting and derailing of multiple threads as long as the flaming is not blatant?

No, I did not say that. And if you are going to try that tactic, you'll find that it backfires on you.

If you have a problem, put him on ignore.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

No, I did not say that. And if you are going to try that tactic, you'll find that it backfires on you.

Already did that, but I'd also like a second opinion, if possible.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Shofercia wrote:
NERVUN wrote:No, I did not say that. And if you are going to try that tactic, you'll find that it backfires on you.

Already did that, but I'd also like a second opinion, if possible.

Sign lit.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 pm

It doesn't look actionable to me either.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation