NATION

PASSWORD

What forum should regional political megathreads be in?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Believe it or not, none. Such discussions belong on your RMB or offsite forums.

We tried to allow them in Gameplay, but they ended up being RMB-substitute chat threads. Sorry, we just can't accommodate threads for 21,396 regions.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Believe it or not, none. Such discussions belong on your RMB or offsite forums.

We tried to allow them in Gameplay, but they ended up being RMB-substitute chat threads. Sorry, we just can't accommodate threads for 21,396 regions.

Since we have regions which have been known to advertise themselves with 'we have no offsite forum' being a major claim, could this be looked at again? Perhaps a new forum called 'regional politics' could be created?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:15 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Believe it or not, none. Such discussions belong on your RMB or offsite forums.

Since we have regions which have been known to advertise themselves with 'we have no offsite forum' being a major claim, could this be looked at again? Perhaps a new forum called 'regional politics' could be created?

Or such could be conducted on your RMB (with the assistance of dispatches); an offsite forum is not required, many just choose to use such. Perfectly acceptable to use your RMB, given it is your regional message board and you'd be discussing regional politics.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:Or such could be conducted on your RMB (with the assistance of dispatches); an offsite forum is not required, many just choose to use such. Perfectly acceptable to use your RMB, given it is your regional message board and you'd be discussing regional politics.

Alright one question then, is there a limit to number of dispatches a region can put in their regional dispatches?
I don't exactly remember if there are, been several months since been in a region that has enough dispatches for me to make sure.

Erg... Not actually sure. Let me check...

Edit: Praise be to [v]. Twelve appears to be the limit, though I would, personally, recommend just pinning a "directory" dispatch that links to all the other pertinent ones in a nice, fancy, categorized fashion, possibly with a title indicating updates such as: "Examplantonia Dispatch Directory [UPDATED: June 12]".
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[KYRU]

Rahul Raghuraman
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rahul Raghuraman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:Or such could be conducted on your RMB (with the assistance of dispatches); an offsite forum is not required, many just choose to use such. Perfectly acceptable to use your RMB, given it is your regional message board and you'd be discussing regional politics.

Alright one question then, is there a limit to number of dispatches a region can put in their regional dispatches?
I don't exactly remember if there are, been several months since been in a region that has enough dispatches for me to make sure.

12 Dispatches is the limit.
DO NOT READ - OUTDATED AND TO BE UPDATED
So... I'm supposed to be promoting Dauiland here...

Anyway, come check us out! If you're not a raider, we're happy to have an Embassy with you (if we don't approve within the day, which is usual, within the week is a 110% guarantee).

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Deian salazar wrote:That could be problematic. Perhaps we could increase the amount to 15-20?

Though of course we'd need to ask the admins to do that, and I fully understand if they think it's a bad idea and nothing to really gain from not increasing the limit, just find 15-20 at most as a good limit, in my personal opinion.

Kyrusia wrote:Edit: Praise be to [v]. Twelve appears to be the limit, though I would, personally, recommend just pinning a "directory" dispatch that links to all the other pertinent ones in a nice, fancy, categorized fashion, possibly with a title indicating updates such as: "Examplantonia Dispatch Directory [UPDATED: June 12]".
[KYRU]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:

Ah thank you, sorry for not looking for the edit. :p

Is fine. Clearly this thread has been overrun with ninjas! :lol:
[KYRU]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:Is fine. Clearly this thread has been overrun with ninjas! :lol:

Hey perhaps we should pin this thread for people in the future with the same question?

It's fine. A board search can find it easily enough.
[KYRU]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation