NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Anti-Semitic trolling in emoji court thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Anti-Semitic trolling in emoji court thread

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am

Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Beat me to it

quote="Union of Despotistan";p="31805825"]This is the jewest thing I've read in a while..[/quote]
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu May 25, 2017 2:39 pm

It's in Tel Aviv. It's in Hebrew. I'll grant you "jewest" is a poor choice of phrasing, but I'm not seeing anti-Semetic trolling.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Thu May 25, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

So that was a non religious based compliment and not a racial insult?

Second opinion please.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu May 25, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Thu May 25, 2017 3:16 pm

My initial feeling was to agree with Fris that whilst ill-advised, the post could reasonably be interpreted as a well-intentioned joke. However, having looked at the poster's history it would appear that they have something of a prior history of anti-Semitic trolling, in light of which I feel the post reported was almost certainly malicious in intent. Based on this, I have overruled Fris and given a three-day ban.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu May 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Thank you.

But I would like to point out that that kind of statement is as much as an slur as. ((())), or "I jewed the price down", when talking about playing hard ball in a pricing negotiation. Even if we were to accept that it was a joke, it is a joke in an anti-semetic context.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Return to Moderation