NATION

PASSWORD

Trolling...... Mods Only

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Canuck Utopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Trolling...... Mods Only

Postby Canuck Utopia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Here we have a thread about people who pray:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4011#p118537

And then we get this:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4011&start=50#p120339

Neo Art wrote:If you don't like being confronted with people who believe that your beliefs are wrong, silly, and not just a little bit dangerous, then don't come to places where that's a valid topic of conversation. But don't expect me to cowtow to you to spare your precious feelings about your violent and bloodthirsty religion.

I think he went a little overboard on this one.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Trolling...... Mods Only

Postby Neo Art » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Canuck Utopia wrote:Here we have a thread about people who pray:

And then we get this:

Neo Art wrote:If you don't like being confronted with people who believe that your beliefs are wrong, silly, and not just a little bit dangerous, then don't come to places where that's a valid topic of conversation. But don't expect me to cowtow to you to spare your precious feelings about your violent and bloodthirsty religion.

How, exactly, did I go overboard? I expressed (in quite explicit detail, I grant you) my feelings towards a certain religion. The fact is, as far as I've been lead to believe, that I am free to express my viewpoints on topics. I expressed my viewpoint about a religion. if you are bothered by the fact that I feel that way, or if you are offended that I might view it as such...well, then I think my initial comment that you quotes can apply equally well.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Canuck Utopia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuck Utopia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:05 pm

It would appear that Neo has little interest in the topic at hand, and would rather just hurl insults:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4011&start=125#p122008

Neo Art wrote:[tsk tsk tsk, such a temper. Not very Christ-like, is it? I'll pray for you in hopes you get those anger issues resolved, before they get you in trouble.

The above was posted after I started this thread.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Canuck Utopia wrote:It would appear that Neo has little interest in the topic at hand, and would rather just hurl insults:

Neo Art wrote:[tsk tsk tsk, such a temper. Not very Christ-like, is it? I'll pray for you in hopes you get those anger issues resolved, before they get you in trouble.

I'm very confused. First I'm accused of not discussing the topic at hand, then I'm chastised for offering to pray for your guidance? After all, you seem to have no problem with the idea of random strangers on the internet offering prayer without being asked, so I thought you'd be perfectly fine with me doing so. Which makes me think that you need my prayers for a happier lifestyle, without all the anger that prompts you to say things like Especially when you post things like:

Canuck Utopia wrote:Nobody asked you, and it would appear that it is your ego that prompted your response. Perhaps the next time, before you explode like a loose cannon, you might want to read the OP.

Why, did you find it rude for me to interject with my own personal value judgments about your lifestyle and say I'd pray for you, without being asked to? I can't imagine why you would think so, you seem perfectly OK with it.
Last edited by Neo Art on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 am

Canuck Utopia wrote:Here we have a thread about people who pray:

And then we get this:

Having read the entire quote and not just the part you've quoted, as context is important, I do not believe Neo Art has gone overboard. Yes, it is strongly worded but he is entitled to his opinion, but it is not overboard.
Canuck Utopia wrote:It would appear that Neo has little interest in the topic at hand, and would rather just hurl insults:

Nor is this a problem.

You should accept that while Neo's opinion may not be "nice" in your opinion, it is not by any means trolling. He has expressed his beliefs and you have done so as well in the same thread.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Triniteras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Triniteras » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 am

But what are beliefs?

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:33 am

Triniteras wrote:But what are beliefs?

This is not the place to discuss beliefs. Neo Art is entitled to his; Canuck Utopia is entitled to his. We'll leave it at that.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Canuck Utopia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuck Utopia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:10 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Triniteras wrote:But what are beliefs?

This is not the place to discuss beliefs. Neo Art is entitled to his; Canuck Utopia is entitled to his. We'll leave it at that.

While I accept your decision, I think that expressing opinions is one thing, but purposely entering a religious thread solely to diss religious people is trolling. Neo did nothing to contribute to the thread and purposely insulted people and their religion(s). But you're the Mod.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation