NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Flaming/Flamebait in New Orleans Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Flaming/Flamebait in New Orleans Thread

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 am

Kekistonia wrote:
Alvecia wrote:24/7 police presence around all confederate statutes. Oh, that'll get approved, I'm sure.

A lefty lunatic takes it to the extreme, example #1374

Kekistonia wrote:
Alvecia wrote:We're working under the assumption that were they not moved they would just not be maintained by the city, and instead will have a 24/7 guard/cleaning crew of white southern blokes.
For some reason....

A lefty lunatic takes it to the extreme, example #1375. The lefty lunacy counter will now be my sig.

Highlighted for emphasis.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 am

He's edited the 'lunatic' part out of his posts, so we'll leave this be for now.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Have been involved in that discussion, and kept up for a while reading. There were a number of posts made by the poster in question with seemingly similarly-questionable tones, and all were edited fairly quickly - though mention was made of quoting them or referencing them in their signature. At what point would the posting of repeated inflammatory statements and quickly-redacted edits become actionable in this case? Or is that another 'don't concern yourselves with it, we got this' bits, in which case I apologize for bringing it up. Damn shame one can't see edits on the forum, or that these forum systems don't log changes of that sort, that I'm aware of. (Haven't run one that did, come to think of it.)

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:06 pm

I checked the post and you're right, he's skirted back beyond the line. It's worthy of an unofficial warning for now.

Cheers for the update.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Audioslavia wrote:I checked the post and you're right, he's skirted back beyond the line. It's worthy of an unofficial warning for now.

Cheers for the update.

No problem. Sometimes unless you're right there watching it happen, it can be damnably hard to see, and no one can be everywhere at once no matter how good they are. Thanks for taking the time for another look. :)

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] additional flames/trolling/flamebait

Postby The Batorys » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm

He also made the following posts:
viewtopic.php?p=31612675#p31612675

Kekistonia wrote:
Calladan wrote:
You can read people's minds now? Cause that is a really cool skill!! Can you tell me what I'm thinking?

You can think?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=410032&start=750&p=31613438&view=show#p31613438

Kekistonia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Oh, I get your schtick now. Don't bother taking off your coat...

What are you talking about? I referenced 2 well-known memes to make fun of radicals.

Here he admits that he's trolling/flamebaiting. ^^
Last edited by The Batorys on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 pm

The Batorys wrote:He also made the following posts:

Kekistonia wrote:
You can think?

This is the 3rd time that post has been reported. It was ruled not actionable.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=410032&start=750&p=31613438&view=show#p31613438

Kekistonia wrote:
What are you talking about? I referenced 2 well-known memes to make fun of radicals.

That was already apparent, hence the unofficial warning Audio gave him this afternoon. I might have gone with an official warning, but I don't think this is enough to justify upgrading it unless there are further offenses. Either he'll get the message and settle down, or he'll make more troll posts and we'll cross that bridge when we find it.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
The Batorys wrote:He also made the following posts:

This is the 3rd time that post has been reported. It was ruled not actionable.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=410032&start=750&p=31613438&view=show#p31613438

That was already apparent, hence the unofficial warning Audio gave him this afternoon. I might have gone with an official warning, but I don't think this is enough to justify upgrading it unless there are further offenses. Either he'll get the message and settle down, or he'll make more troll posts and we'll cross that bridge when we find it.

It is? I don't see it quoted on this thread.

Also I would posit that a sarcastic "you can think?" is perhaps a flame by implication, and definitely flamebait due to being designed to elicit an angry reaction.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation