NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Foreign languages

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Holy Empire of Loaf
Secretary

Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

[Q] Foreign languages

Postby Holy Empire of Loaf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Title says it all. When is posting in foreign languages spam, if at all?

Thanks!
Loaf
Holy Empire of Loaf, Founder of The Great Experiment

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 pm

That's a question that has to be handled case by case. The nominal language of NS is English. That said, we welcome foreign language threads as long as they have an English translation in the OP. Outside of that, case by case.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 am

I'm going to ask that this be turned into a "Report" thread to deal with this. Looks like this nation is spamming the General Assembly in Chinese...

search.php?author_id=979828&sr=posts
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 am

Thyerata wrote:I'm going to ask that this be turned into a "Report" thread to deal with this. Looks like this nation is spamming the General Assembly in Chinese...

search.php?author_id=979828&sr=posts

That's an ad bot, should be reported in the thread for them.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Return to Moderation