NATION

PASSWORD

Flame baiting in Death of despair working class

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Flame baiting in Death of despair working class

Postby Aelex » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Blernovo wrote:I suppose this is feminism's fault too?

Poster has quite an history of trying to flame bait Ostro (viewtopic.php?p=31192974#p31192974 ; viewtopic.php?p=31190004#p31190004 ; viewtopic.php?p=31192974#p31192974) and it seems he's back at it again.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Looking into this.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Blernovo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Blernovo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 am

Aelex wrote:
Blernovo wrote:I suppose this is feminism's fault too?

Poster has quite an history of trying to flame bait Ostro (viewtopic.php?p=31192974#p31192974 ; viewtopic.php?p=31190004#p31190004 ; viewtopic.php?p=31192974#p31192974) and it seems he's back at it again.

Disagreeing with an antifeminist isn't against the rules.
It is now OK to call autistic people retards.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=407056

Blernovo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blernovo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 am

Also, Aelex has a history of trying to flamebait me and is an established alt right troll. So his motivations are less than pure.
Last edited by Blernovo on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:35 am

Lets add this one to the pile too. I personally don't see it as actionable, but Aelex has reported posts where this poster snarling "Stormfront" as a form of insult and this one follows the same modus operandi.
Last edited by Hirota on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Blernovo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blernovo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:13 am

Hirota wrote:Lets add this one to the pile too. I personally don't see it as actionable, but Aelex has reported posts where this poster snarling "Stormfront" as a form of insult and this one follows the same modus operandi.

Didn't realise Stormfront was a slur...

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Blernovo wrote:
Hirota wrote:Lets add this one to the pile too. I personally don't see it as actionable, but Aelex has reported posts where this poster snarling "Stormfront" as a form of insult and this one follows the same modus operandi.

Even though it was in the post I gave you a two week ban for last time you had a run-in with Moderation....

I can't rule on this myself because I went on a long rant in that thread which was clearly not mod business. However, I will say this is NOT one of those reports that sits around unaddressed because nobody thinks it's worth getting off their ass to hand out a warning. It's sitting around unaddressed because it's being discussed backstage.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Blernovo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blernovo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:09 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Blernovo wrote:

Even though it was in the post I gave you a two week ban for last time you had a run-in with Moderation....

God forbid anyone besmirch Stormfront's good name. :roll:

I can't rule on this myself because I went on a long rant in that thread which was clearly not mod business. However, I will say this is NOT one of those reports that sits around unaddressed because nobody thinks it's worth getting off their ass to hand out a warning. It's sitting around unaddressed because it's being discussed backstage.

What is there to discuss? I called out a shitposter, his friends get upset and try to get me banned.

Blernovo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blernovo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:18 pm

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Blernovo wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Besmirching Stormfront's reputation is not the issue.

What is there to discuss? I called out a shitposter, his friends get upset and try to get me banned.

To put it bluntly, we're voting on whether to make you DOS.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Blernovo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blernovo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:36 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Blernovo wrote:

Besmirching Stormfront's reputation is not the issue.

Then what is? Which one of NSGs arcane rules have I violated?

To put it bluntly, we're voting on whether to make you DOS.

For calling out a shitposter?

Cogitation
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 27, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cogitation » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm only posting for educational purposes to explain what, precisely, about this behavior is bad, here on NationStates. As USS Monitor says, a proper ruling is pending a discussion by the NationStates Moderation Team.

Blernovo wrote:Heres an idea: why don't you, Ostro and all your Alt Right buddies go off to Stormfron where you can all jerk yourselves of about how oppressed you are and about how everything would be better if we just got rid of all the scary brown people. Maybe then we can have an adult conversation with out one of you lot derailing the thread into one of your pathetic shit posting sessions.
In the order in which they were colored:
1) Belittling and dismissive of other NationStates users, thus qualifying it as flamebait. Additionally, you are not a NationStates Moderator, so it is never your place under any circumstances to tell someone else to leave the site.
2) Flamebait, meaning that it's intended to provoke anger and shut down discussion. The purpose of the General board is to allow discussion and debate of opposing political views; uncivil discourse such as yours tends to discourage discussion and thus runs counter to the purpose of the General board.
3) Flamebait. Again, belittling and dismissive.
4) Flaming, meaning that it's more directly insulting of other players than flamebait. This also tends to shut down discussion.

Blernovo wrote:It's Ostro guys, take it with a grain of salt...

Attacking the player instead of the argument.

Blernovo wrote:Yeah, Stormfront most likely.

At a glance, this doesn't look actionable. (...unless I've failed to correctly track the context.)

Again, I won't be issuing a punishment or ruling against you on my own as your case is currently under consideration by the NationStates Moderation Team as a whole.

Aelex wrote:Aren't you feeling lonely fighting with that strawman of your all the time? Why don't you join the actual discussion and talk with actual people for once in a while, it's been so long since you responded to an actual argument and not one you made up in your mind that I'm sure it'll refresh you.
C'mon, I'm sure you'll have some fun! ;^)

Flamebait. This is normally an Official Warning offense, but you (Aelex) have 6 forumbans on record already for rulebreaking behavior over the past year-and-a-half (not counting the forumban that was overturned in early February 2017).

*** Aelex, 2-Week Forumban for Flamebait, compounded by past history. ***

Keep in mind that additional violations of NationStates rules of any kind will result in increasingly harsher punishments. You're very close to being deleted, as it is. If "Aelex" is deleted, then additional rulebreaking by any other nations you create or operate will be escalated to deletion even more rapidly. You are very strongly advised to reconsider your behavior and to study the One Stop Rules Shop.

--The Modified Democratic States of Cogitation
"Think about it for a moment."
NationStates Game Moderator

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation