NATION

PASSWORD

[Request] - Thread thrawl

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

[Request] - Thread thrawl

Postby Herskerstad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Background - Mod warning not too long ago. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=399740&p=31324670#p31324670

Several attempts made recently. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=399740&start=9850

10-20 Pages going largely off topic on two themes in particular. Transgenderism and Christianity. In particular theology, church doctrine, social sciences, and a lot of things with no direct implication to the theme. This is not a recent trend either nor is it related to small talk, bantz, ect. It's become endemic among certain users whom seemingly disregard all calls to the contrary. While some users have a more nuanced reason to go off topic such as being asked on policies in regards to X, they tend to stay off topic long after such is said, but there are also certain people whom just dredge it up for no reason with relatively hostile intent and at this point it's just become a perpetual summer.

Edit: Very recently taken a personal turn for one of the posters.

Conserative Morality wrote:
Luminesa wrote:How so? I don't claim to know why other people break-up, and frankly, I'm not going to attack someone else for their own breakup. If someone has truly experienced such things as what I have experienced, I am sorry. If someone has fallen for someone and broken-up with them, because of...whatever, I am sorry. Breakups are painful. And I can tell that you wouldn't care, because you think you've got the answer and that you've won. It's strange, the left shouts at the Church for not allowing divorces and such, but when someone comes out and says that they have suffered the after-effects of a divorce, they turn on her and say that essentially her family is a bunch of sociopaths. Finally, if this argument is tedious, why are you arguing with me? Obviously you have better things to do.

What's this turn into 'the left'? Drop the persecution complex.

And calling someone out on tedious bullshit is, somewhat ironically (or appropriately? I can never tell), not tedious at all.

You're the one who's accusing me of calling your family sociopathic. I didn't. I called your religion sociopathic. But whatever fuels your urge to feel offended.

Completely unnecessary and personal attack for an already heated aspect.
Last edited by Herskerstad on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Herskerstad wrote:Completely unnecessary and personal attack for an already heated aspect.

When someone quite literally and consistently misinterprets something that was said, for the explicit purpose of continuing an angry tirade long after unnecessary clarification was given to an already quite-clear comment, what else is it supposed to be characterized as?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:Completely unnecessary and personal attack for an already heated aspect.

When someone quite literally and consistently misinterprets something that was said, for the explicit purpose of continuing an angry tirade long after unnecessary clarification was given to an already quite-clear comment, what else is it supposed to be characterized as?

Given that it was already a emotionally heated subject which appertained to them matters of family and personal relationships, and for you seemingly had no such great investment, I would characterise it to be unnecessarily personal for an attack and about as graceful as a blimp on fire, for as little as my opinion matters on the subject.
Last edited by Herskerstad on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 am

Bump.

Return to Moderation