NATION

PASSWORD

Question regarding Regional Control

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Capitalem
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Question regarding Regional Control

Postby Capitalem » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:09 am

Hello! Our region has been undergoing some changes and I personally have a question regarding an idea we have been considering. As we are likely going to try and refound an old region and move back to it, we were going to try out a new system with elections where the winner would get the password to the founder nation and thus be able to run the region in that way to keep things secure with invaders. However, my concern is that issues would arise with the sharing of a nation between people who also run WA nations as we do have a a good amount of them who often end up participating in our regional government. I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the right part of the forum as I don't use them often, but would you imagine this being an issue regarding WA suspension and other things? The Founder would not be a member of the WA but I am more concerned that having a shared nation being tied to multiple other WA nations could be an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Capitalem

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 am

This would likely be better asked in Technical since it is dealing with a gameside issue.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am

We always recommend that you don't share nations. Here are the risks with using a shared nation. We get far too many complaints along the lines of "I loaned [puppet founder] to a friend, and he changed the password and email and ejected everyone from the region! Ban him!" It's phenomenally easy to abuse. You're absolutely at risk with a shared founder. It's up to you to decide if the risks are worth the benefits.

Lady Scylla wrote:This would likely be better asked in Technical since it is dealing with a gameside issue.

Incorrect. It's a moderation issue. If we thought it belonged in Tech, we'd tow it there regardless of your comments. Totally not helpful.

Capitalem
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Capitalem » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks for the advice on this subject! Glad I checked on this formally before just going about it.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Fris didn't touch on this but I'll add from experience - yes, you *may* trigger the WA cheat detector by sharing a nation while you all have a WA nation as well. You get an automatic warning from the system and are told to comply before being ejected, but you're likely to get a warning sooner or later, yes.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Return to Moderation