NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Women Are Hosts / Abortion thread Concern

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

[Report] Women Are Hosts / Abortion thread Concern

Postby Godular » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Pu4GatoRy wrote:
Godular wrote:
No. That is not just joking. That is malice. You will stop.

My mother CHOSE to have a second child and felt that she was ready and able to care for me. Had she not, I would not be here to be sad that I never existed. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be born to a mother who was neither ready psychologically or financially able to care for my needs, but such stories arise all the time, so one can generally establish that forcing an unwanted pregnancy to go through can be a severe impediment to the woman's future prospects.

You speak so harshly against women who get an abortion, but maybe you should keep in mind that in getting an abortion, they pave the way for another pregnancy further down the line that the woman is ready and able to accommodate, and may even want! Mayhap it would be useful to look at this issue in terms of improving the overall quality of life for everyone, rather than simply increasing the quantity no matter the cost.

Calm down. Take five. Go make a sandwich or something.

You good?

Ok.

I'm sorry I offended you. You feel better now?

Would this post count as flamebaiting?
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 pm

No... if anything, it's apologizing.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 pm

NERVUN wrote:No... if anything, it's apologizing.

It struck me as rather patronizing, really. The 'go eat a sandwich' line struck me as particularly unnecessary.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Godular wrote:
NERVUN wrote:No... if anything, it's apologizing.

It struck me as rather patronizing, really. The 'go eat a sandwich' line struck me as particularly unnecessary.

I think it was meant ala go walk it off, grab a cup of coffee, eat a snickers. I.e. take whatever time you need to calm down.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:52 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Godular wrote:

I think it was meant ala go walk it off, grab a cup of coffee, eat a snickers. I.e. take whatever time you need to calm down.

Which essentially ignored the remainder of the post that was NOT in fact a snarl-infested festival of cursewords and whatnot, but rather a point focusing on how many pro-lifers make an argument of saying that pro-choicers were not aborted. Are we choosing to see my response to his previous comment as retaliatory and take his response in that light?

Edit: Guess this might count as a second opinion request. If another mod reaches the same conclusion I guess I'll accept I'm just being hypersensitive.
Last edited by Godular on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:26 pm

As you wish...

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:01 pm

I don't think he's trying to get a rise out of you so much as he's young, inexperienced, and overwhelmed by trying to keep up with a vigorous debate against adults. He's trying to get you to slow down and take it easy because he's in over his head and doesn't know how to handle what you're throwing at him. I read some of that thread earlier and he said he was in middle school.

Not actionable.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:03 pm

USS Monitor wrote:I don't think he's trying to get a rise out of you so much as he's young, inexperienced, and overwhelmed by trying to keep up with a vigorous debate against adults. He's trying to get you to slow down and take it easy because he's in over his head and doesn't know how to handle what you're throwing at him. I read some of that thread earlier and he said he was in middle school.

Not actionable.

Fair 'nuff.
New to F7? Click here!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation