NATION

PASSWORD

[r]Yuuge thread jack in Trump thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

[r]Yuuge thread jack in Trump thread

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:52 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:How dare you? Rotterdam was not bombed by flowers of peace or by cowardice. It was bombed by German Stukas and Heinkel bombers. We were invaded by German tanks, not by British unwillingness. Our people, Jews and gentile, were murdered by the thousands by a German war machine that could not afford to lose. We lost thousands more in the forced labour camps, where the peoples of Europe made shells for their own destruction, against their own will. Do you think that the Netherlands could've stood up against the Germans? Believe me, the Netherlands was not victim of love for peace. It was victim of militarism, nationalism and the detached ambition of Hitler.

Really, I am sickened by the assertion that a national tragedy at the hands of the Nazis was caused by pacifism, and that you use the suffering of a people as a vehicle for your own political agenda. The martyr of Rotterdam has been for nothing... How many millions more need to die at the hands of war before we realise it solves nothing?

Your outrage means nothing. It is the perfect example of Dutch belief in the Germans wouldn't come for them. Instead of accepting allied help, you let the Germans roll across and the panzers crushed you. The French Army rushomg to try and link up got rekt as a result. Your position shows all those dead were ultimately for nothing as your nation has forgotten the lesson. The British and French both are responsible for not stopping Adolf when he rolled into the Rhineland but their guilt is already well known on that front. That national tragedy was caused by pacifism. You can stick your head in the sand but the result will be the same in the end. Perhaps you fancy losing Limburg instead of Rotterdam this time.

This has nothing to do with the 45th president, or any other thing in the thread.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:23 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
The problem here is two fold:

While Godular's position couldn't be known because we'll never know of the alternative of what would have happened to the Dutch had they put it stiff resistance against Hitler, neither can your position be known.

You're both speculating at this point as to what would happen if they had put up stiff resistance. Further, while there are lessons to be learned in history, the answer is not always "violence is right".

We know what happened when they did half-ass it. We did know what happened to countries who didn't fight at all. Ask the Czechs for instance how kind the Germans were. We can know that the French armies rushing to meet the Dutch would not have been out of position and we would have had a much better chance of winning the war in 1940 or at least seeing a revisit of WW1. Certainly preferrable to the outcome that did happen.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Follow the quote to chain to realize we are discussing the failures of NATO and the validity of collective defense using WW2 as an example.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:30 pm

The East Marches wrote:Follow the quote to chain to realize we are discussing the failures of NATO and the validity of collective defense using WW2 as an example.

And what does that have to do with this:

Farnhamia wrote:Demonstrations, intelligence indicating that Russia intentionally influenced the election towards Trump, a fight with a Broadway musical, Twitter feuds with Alec Baldwin, SNL, NBC, CNN, and a union representative (the last of which resulted in death threats for the rep), a strategist with ties to right-wing extremists and Neo-Nazis, figures in his own party openly breaking ranks against him, extra money being spent to keep his family safe because they want to stay in New York, cabinet appointees who seem to want to destroy the very department they head, a National Security advisor who promulgates outlandish conspiracy theories, ratcheting up military and diplomatic tensions with China, a proposed Secretary of State so close to the Russians that he faintly smells of borscht and vodka, and so much more...and it's been just a bit over a month. Imagine what the next four years have in store for us.

Join in! Let's start by talking about the hacking scandal discussed at length in the last thread. Just what in the bejabbers is going on here, and will Trump survive unscathed, or will a pall of illegitimacy stick to his Presidency as a result?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:42 pm

The East Marches wrote:Follow the quote to chain to realize we are discussing the failures of NATO and the validity of collective defense using WW2 as an example.

I did and it seems like NATO wasn't really the point except peripherally.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:42 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

Farnhamia wrote:Demonstrations, intelligence indicating that Russia intentionally influenced the election towards Trump, a fight with a Broadway musical, Twitter feuds with Alec Baldwin, SNL, NBC, CNN, and a union representative (the last of which resulted in death threats for the rep), a strategist with ties to right-wing extremists and Neo-Nazis, figures in his own party openly breaking ranks against him, extra money being spent to keep his family safe because they want to stay in New York, cabinet appointees who seem to want to destroy the very department they head, a National Security advisor who promulgates outlandish conspiracy theories, ratcheting up military and diplomatic tensions with China, a proposed Secretary of State so close to the Russians that he faintly smells of borscht and vodka, and so much more...and it's been just a bit over a month. Imagine what the next four years have in store for us.

Join in! Let's start by talking about the hacking scandal discussed at length in the last thread. Just what in the bejabbers is going on here, and will Trump survive unscathed, or will a pall of illegitimacy stick to his Presidency as a result?

Trump and NATO, it's exceptionally related.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:56 pm

The East Marches wrote:

Trump and NATO, it's exceptionally related.

But there's nothing there that Link's it to the OP.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:58 pm

I take it the US foreign policy comments by Trump are off topic then? Guess we can't discuss international things relating to him.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 pm

The East Marches wrote:

I take it the US foreign policy comments by Trump are off topic then? Guess we can't discuss international things relating to him.

It was a discussion on WW2, not Trump.

Farnhamia wrote:

I did and it seems like NATO wasn't really the point except peripherally.

Farn agrees.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

The East Marches wrote:

Sure you can, just don't go chasing the ghosts of former wars. A reference to disarmament during the period the wars is fine but relate back to Trump and NATO. I personally thought there was some veering happening.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

Sure you can, just don't go chasing the ghosts of former wars. A reference to disarmament during the period the wars is fine but relate back to Trump and NATO. I personally thought there was some veering happening.

I will do so in the future.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks for your time Farnhamia.

:hug:

*gives cookies and a pet owl*

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation