NATION

PASSWORD

[Query]Parties Involved in Reports

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Nights Edge
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Query]Parties Involved in Reports

Postby Nights Edge » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Earlier this evening I was rightfully suppressed by the moderators for flaming during a somewhat heated argument on the RMB, along with at least one other person.
I scoured as many of the resources provided on the site, including the Getting Help page, the Terms and Conditions, The One Stop Rules Shop, and asking around via Telegram to other people if they knew the answer to the question I am about to pose.

Is there any reason moderators don't disclose the whistleblowers for these disputes?

It's clear who the perpetrators are, as they are the ones getting suppressed by the moderators on the RMB and get warnings telegrammed to them. This is not the first time the moderators have come to the "The Western Isles" RMB to take care of the incriminatory messages by numerous people, but at no point have we ever learned who has called the moderators.

Is there a rule I managed to overlook that explains why the people who reach out to the moderators are never revealed? It would help out immensely to be able to solve intra-regional disputes without having to call in the moderators by working with all concerned parties inside the region, as I know the staff are busy and the help pages recommend we try to solve this by ourselves.

Thank you in advance for your help

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 pm

The rules were broken, as you freely admit. I'm not seeing why knowing who reported you is relevant. It could have been somebody in the region, somebody scouting for a raid, somebody randomly reading your RMB, or a mod checking something unrelated and serendipitously handing out additional warnings.

If your region has some policy about not reporting rule-breaking to the moderators for resolution, you need to rethink that.

Return to Moderation