NATION

PASSWORD

CC: SC Mods

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

CC: SC Mods

Postby SkyDip » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm fairly sure that links cannot be included in the actual submitting text of an SC proposal (i.e. no hyperlinking outside of the [nation] and [region] tags). If it is a strict rule, I can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules or the compendium. The closest I have is this, which only references links to other WA legislation. So my query is twofold:
  1. If there is such a rule and it's in there, can someone point it out to me?
  2. If not 1, can it be added to the Compendium and/or ruleset for the sake of future clarity?
Thank you!

EDIT: Could the appropriate decision be posted in this thread as well, please?
Last edited by SkyDip on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

It's already (somewhat hidden) in the Compendium here: viewtopic.php?p=3755848#links_proposals - "Additionally, urls cannot be included in proposals". Relevant previous ruling is here.

I'm inclined to say that links to GA (and SC) proposals in-game are probably ok, but will have a think before ruling on that for definite.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:53 pm

My understanding - from the GA side - is less that it's a "rule" and more that it's a "coding issue" ... [url] tags don't work in proposals.

I frequently use such links forumside, though, if that answers your question..
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 am

Having just got CG to test it, they actually do.

Previously nation/region tags were the only links allowed in proposals. I consider direct links to a GA or SC resolution to be acceptable as well. Links to proposals, areas of the forum, OOC pages like the FAQs and similar would not be.

EDIT: To clarify, these links must be formatted (such as "Noting the passage of Liberate Feudal Japan") rather than displaying the url.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:39 am

Sedgistan wrote:Having just got CG to test it, they actually do.

Previously nation/region tags were the only links allowed in proposals. I consider direct links to a GA or SC resolution to be acceptable as well. Links to proposals, areas of the forum, OOC pages like the FAQs and similar would not be.

EDIT: To clarify, these links must be formatted (such as "Noting the passage of Liberate Feudal Japan") rather than displaying the url.

Is this a formal ruling for the GA then? And, if that's the case, might I suggest making a post to that effect in that subforum, since citing similar resolutions in repeals happens with some frequency and including such links in the text would be an amazing step forward.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:42 am

It's an SC only ruling.

Return to Moderation