NATION

PASSWORD

A Formal Apology to McMasterdonia & TNP

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25230
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

A Formal Apology to McMasterdonia & TNP

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:34 am

We'd like to apologize to members of The North Pacific and their WA Delegate, McMasterdonia, for a moderation mistake. As a result of changes introduced here, several nations showed up as WA multis. One of those was definitely an error on the part of the GM doing the checks. As a result, the TNP Delegate was inadvertently ejected and lost the delegacy.

Unfortunately, the way in which the system forces an ejection also strips all the endorsements from the targeted nation. Fortunately, we were able to retrieve a cached copy of said endos and are in the process of adding them back in. Unfortunately, this process can only be done one at a time, and a feeder delegate has a lot of endos. It may take us more than one update cycle to restore McMasterdonia's full list.

In the meantime, Former English Colony has been returned to the Delegacy for the interim. Once the endorsement total has been restored, TNP's original elected Delegate should resume the position. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and are doing everything we can to set things right.

Frisbeeteria
NS Senior Game Mod

User avatar
Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat
 
Posts: 828
Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 am

Thank you :hug:

User avatar
McMasterdonia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 956
Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:38 am

Thank you for the apology. I understand that mistakes can happen. I look forward to being back in the Delegate's seat :)

User avatar
Klaus Devestatorie
Minister
 
Posts: 2573
Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am

And Roman Empire?
The Avengrynkhal Ascendant of Klaus Devestatorie

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6070
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 am

Mcmasterdonia, you're not allowed to repeat history and go Great Bight on TNP.

I don't have a WA to open a can of Better Times Whoop-ass on you. >_>
Last edited by Unibot III on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of TRR | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // Collected works // The Gameplay Alignment Test //
Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
McMasterdonia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 956
Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:45 am

Unibot III wrote:Mcmasterdonia, you're not allowed to repeat history and go Great Bight on TNP. >_>


Honestly. Why would I do that? I love the TNP community and have no intention of doing any thing that could damage it.

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6070
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am

McMasterdonia wrote:
Unibot III wrote:Mcmasterdonia, you're not allowed to repeat history and go Great Bight on TNP. >_>


Honestly. Why would I do that? I love the TNP community and have no intention of doing any thing that could damage it.


It was a joke. Great Bight was restored to the UN, meanwhile the expected delegate for the next update was Francos Spain. :P

Me wonders whether Francos was in TNP again trying to tart and when the mods announced this he was like "AH fuck not again >:( "
Last edited by Unibot III on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of TRR | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // Collected works // The Gameplay Alignment Test //
Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 29574
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:And Roman Empire?

That one looks like a mistake too - apologies for that. There's a few WA ejections from last night that need reviewing (though many were correct). Due to circumstances, that one may be harder to restore, but we may be able to. Bear with us, as we're quite busy at the moment.

User avatar
Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 385
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:24 am

Congrats! Hail MCM!
-Lord Menelian, Patriarch of The House of Rahl, Reborn.


So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

User avatar
Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 450
Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks to the mods being quick to act on this. Mistakes can happen, but glad to see order will be restored shortly.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired
Punk Daddy - Citizen of TSP

In TWP, we go Commando. - Darkesia

User avatar
Todd McCloud
Senator
 
Posts: 4083
Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:30 am

Huge respect for the mods here. It's not easy to admit mistake in this, but you guys did it gracefully. Thanks for making things right, and for working to improve our game with the introduction of the new system!
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

User avatar
Former English Colony
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Former English Colony » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 am

The power....

:hug: Fris TNP forgives you!
I R ERAS

User avatar
Ehlnar
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ehlnar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:15 am

^_^
Read our Factbook. Listen to our Anthem. Put some clothes on.

User avatar
Jamie Anumia
Senator
 
Posts: 3797
Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks to the mods for fixing this. :)

User avatar
Ironicness
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Jun 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironicness » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks for the quick response, mods. Glad this could get done so quickly.

It's nice that a :palm: can go so suddenly to a :hug: and eventually be remembered :rofl: . The persistent work that our mods get done is much appreciated.
I to the R to the O to the N to the I to the C to the N to the E to the S to the DOUBLE S.

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 29574
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Posted on the Roman Empire RMB:

Apologies for the mess here - it's entirely our fault.

The Delegate 'Octavius Caesar' was incorrectly removed from the WA last night. Shortly after, the region was liberated by defenders - they weren't aware of the situation, and understandably took an opportunity to move in.

As with The North Pacific, we've done our best to restore the region to how it was before our mistake. This is a trickier one, as obviously there's been a much bigger change in the membership in the interim.

We've taken the decision to restore the previous delegate, clear the banlist of nations that were banned by 'The Washington Capitals' and to remove from the region (but not ban) the nations that joined after Octavius Caesar's WA ejection.

It's clearly not a perfect solution, but it's the best we can do. We'd like to say sorry to both the invaders here - many of whom are now no longer in the region, and also the defenders whose liberation we have had to reverse.


If you've got questions/comments about that, raise them here. There's a chance I may have missed something when restoring the region.

User avatar
Octavius Caesar
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Oct 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Octavius Caesar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Posted on the Roman Empire RMB:

Apologies for the mess here - it's entirely our fault.

The Delegate 'Octavius Caesar' was incorrectly removed from the WA last night. Shortly after, the region was liberated by defenders - they weren't aware of the situation, and understandably took an opportunity to move in.

As with The North Pacific, we've done our best to restore the region to how it was before our mistake. This is a trickier one, as obviously there's been a much bigger change in the membership in the interim.

We've taken the decision to restore the previous delegate, clear the banlist of nations that were banned by 'The Washington Capitals' and to remove from the region (but not ban) the nations that joined after Octavius Caesar's WA ejection.

It's clearly not a perfect solution, but it's the best we can do. We'd like to say sorry to both the invaders here - many of whom are now no longer in the region, and also the defenders whose liberation we have had to reverse.


If you've got questions/comments about that, raise them here. There's a chance I may have missed something when restoring the region.


Unsuppressing posts, and cancelling the closure of the embassy but I already fixed that. I'd like to thank you for your help though, very much appreciated.

User avatar
Cromarty
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6198
Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Well at least now we can put to rest that whole 'the mods are defender biased' stuff. :roll:
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 27803
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Cromarty wrote:Well at least now we can put to rest that whole 'the mods are defender biased' stuff. :roll:

Hey now, according to that Gameplay compass thing, I'm like totally raider-biased!

Rawr, fear me etc etc. :p
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Morningstar Isles

Advertisement

Remove ads