NATION

PASSWORD

Region deletion: Zoophilia

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Sorry, but "safe haven" implies that normal site rules don't apply. "Haven" by itself might be acceptable. If you want a "safe haven", set it up on your offsite (assuming their terms and conditions permit it, of course).

[violet] didn't come right out and say it isn't legal, but "romantic" sounds problematic too.
[violet] wrote:adding an ambiguous note in the WFE ("romantic"?) that says, "This probably isn't about illegal activity, though."

I'll remove the word, "safe" then.

"Romantic" is simply having to do with love. Many Disney films are romantic.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Sorry, but "safe haven" implies that normal site rules don't apply. "Haven" by itself might be acceptable. If you want a "safe haven", set it up on your offsite (assuming their terms and conditions permit it, of course).

[violet] didn't come right out and say it isn't legal, but "romantic" sounds problematic too.

I'll remove the word, "safe" then.

Actually romantic has other meanings.

As a rule of thumb, would anything that one would not find in a Disney film be considered inappropriate?
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Communist Cyrodiil
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Cyrodiil » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

None of those other definitions are problematic however. Romantic simply means love or an idealized view of things.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Forsher wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:I'll remove the word, "safe" then.

As a rule of thumb, would anything that one would not find in a Disney film be considered inappropriate?

As far as expression goes, yes, I think that would be fair. I hope you don't mind if we swear more often than does Jasmine or Shere Khan, though.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:57 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Forsher wrote:

As far as expression goes, yes, I think that would be fair. I hope you don't mind if we swear more often than does Jasmine or Shere Khan, though.

I meant region and nation titles to be honest.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 am

Forsher wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:As far as expression goes, yes, I think that would be fair. I hope you don't mind if we swear more often than does Jasmine or Shere Khan, though.

I meant region and nation titles to be honest.

I think that's already in place. The region has been given the go-ahead by mods to be called Zoo. Nation titles, well, the region is password-locked. I really can't foresee having any problems.
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 am

O.o well this caused more problems than a little. I wasn't aware NationStates was a democracy :rofl:

I'm surprised that there was even a question to be honest. Phile, in Latin effective means love..(or was it greek?). The problem however is that other people misconstrue the meaning. Lots of people can be pedophiles aka in strictly none touching platonic way, but it's taken by the right wing or generally anyone who doesn't look at the etymology of the word to mean something rather nasty. The same is of Zoophilia.

Now. It's actually regarded that the offensive version is not a zoophile but instead Beastiality. (Or at least it is that way in the UK).
Last edited by Enfaru on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 am

Enfaru wrote:O.o well this caused more problems than a little. I wasn't aware NationStates was a democracy :rofl:

I'm surprised that there was even a question to be honest. Phile, in Latin effective means love..(or was it greek?). The problem however is that other people misconstrue the meaning. Lots of people can be pedophiles aka in strictly none touching platonic way, but it's taken by the right wing or generally anyone who doesn't look at the etymology of the word to mean something rather nasty. The same is of Zoophilia.

Now. It's actually regarded that the offensive version is not a zoophile but instead Beastiality. (Or at least it is that way in the UK).

A democracy? It isn't. Nor is this the place to pontificate on what you think word meanings are or are not. I believe the matter seems to be settled for now. If there are further problems with this region or any others, we'll deal with them as they come. And if not, so much the better.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

[violet] wrote:
Sailsia wrote:Explain to me, please, why there is a region called "gay"? In many countries, for many years, homosexuality was on par with pedophilia. Even today, many people would see the region of gay and put in the same bracket of offensiveness as a region called zoophilia.

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... y_laws.svg)
*countries in red, brown, and yellow are places where homosexuality is illegal

So, my point is, where does this stop? If there cannot be a region called Zoophilia, can there be a region called Gay? Why is it we allow Nazi regions, but not regions like Zoophilia? I personally have no vested interest in this, but it seems strange none the less. I apologize if im out of bounds for posting here, but i feel it must be said, either you allow none or you allow all of the controversial regions.

Somewhat off-topic, but in the interests of explaining our policy:

There are many things that are illegal in some places but not others. Whether we are required to follow every law in every country also differs from place to place; some countries hold that if your web site is accessible from their country, you must follow all their laws. This is just impractical, however; we are not going to enforce all of Saudi Arabia's laws.

So to some degree we must pick and choose which laws to follow. You mention Nazis, so let's take the case of Holocaust Denial. (We could do the same thing with homosexuality.) This is illegal in some places but not others. So why not ban Holocaust Denial?

Well, first we consider the laws of the territories that are most significant to us: the US (where we have servers), Canada (where we have servers), the UK, and Australia. Together these comprise about 75% of our traffic. Holocaust Denial is not a crime in any of these. (Hate speech generally is, but that's not the same thing.) Countries that do possess laws banning Holocaust Denial comprise about 3% of our traffic, or 5% if you include Germany.

So on balance, we don't believe we should take a law that applies to 5% of our players and impose it on the other 95%.

That said, if you deny the Holocaust, you're an idiot. But that's just my personal opinion.

Back to the topic, we do not permit people to endorse or facilitate bestiality here, because that is prohibited in the vast majority of countries that our players access us from, including the most important ones.

Slight gravedig, but upon further reflection based on another instance, it was decided by the several Mods that [violet] did flame here and as the rules apply to Mods AND Admins, she is *** warned ***.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation