NATION

PASSWORD

Reppy's Sig Workshop - A guide to building forum sigs

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:59 am

Rusthenia wrote:my sig is under the limit right?

No. It's 9 lines now, because you added back the blank lines I edited out. Either take out the blank line in the [pre] block, or move the "NS Stats are not used" into the floatright section with the quote.

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Pan-Asiatic States wrote: can someone please do a quick check on my sig to see if it fits the legal limit?

Four
lines in
a box
equals six
Four
lines in
a box
equals six
Four
Lines
Plus
A Spoiler

User avatar
Valentine Z
Senator
 
Posts: 4037
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 am

I readjusted my sig so that the OOC and Weird Words of Wisdom are aligned with News ticker. Saves space too, I suppose.

With that I would like to ask: Is it under 8 lines? On my 3840 x 2160 screen, I counted 6 lines, but I can't change to 1600 x 900 resolution at the moment.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Sierlijke und Verwonderlijk Feline Utopia et its Heerlijk Autonomous Opperheerschappij ov Valentine Z !
>>> >>> >>> Q & A Here! <<< <<< <<<
• About me.
• You thought I'm a She. But it is I, a dude!
Silver Commonwealth is the long-lost, evil, and short brother of Valentine Z!
• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.


User avatar
Valentine Z
Senator
 
Posts: 4037
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:40 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I counted 6 lines

Technically 7, since we count both top and bottom lines of the ticker box as new lines. Still legal though.


Sweet, thanks! :D

* Gives out chocolate *
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Sierlijke und Verwonderlijk Feline Utopia et its Heerlijk Autonomous Opperheerschappij ov Valentine Z !
>>> >>> >>> Q & A Here! <<< <<< <<<
• About me.
• You thought I'm a She. But it is I, a dude!
Silver Commonwealth is the long-lost, evil, and short brother of Valentine Z!
• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2179
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Code: Select all
[floatleft][pre][align=center][background=white][b][color=red]☯ POPULISM ☯[/color][/b][/background]
[color=#CE1126]✯[/color] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZC7tYCKdzY&list=PLjPxlgmnev-k-vGYo_C5KnQ7d4I-V8s9a][color=#DAA520]War Theme[/color][/url] [color=#CE1126]✯[/color]
[background=red][color=#FFFFFF]✶ [/color][b][url=https://youtu.be/e9k2o6vqqSo][color=yellow]Anthem[/color][/url][/b][color=#FFFFFF] ✶[/color][/background]
[color=#0038A8]✭[/color] [url=https://youtu.be/3yno2vkEP0w][color=#DAA520]Tension Theme[/color][/url] [color=#0038A8]✭[/color][/align][/pre][/floatleft][floatright][pre][align=center][background=white][b][color=red]☯ TRADITION ☯[/color][/b][/background]
[color=#CE1126]✯[/color] [url=https://youtu.be/BslXHdYNvNI][color=#DAA520]Party Theme[/color][/url] [color=#CE1126]✯[/color]
[background=red][color=#FFFFFF]✶ [/color][b][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ns1Q-HqZR4][color=yellow]Honors Music[/color][/url][/b][color=#FFFFFF] ✶[/color][/background]
[color=#0038A8]✭[/color] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eXETAtOyE][color=#DAA520]Peace Theme[/color][/url] [color=#0038A8]✭[/color][/align][/pre][/floatright][align=center][pre][b][background=#400000][size=85][color=yellow]国[/color] [color=#FF0000]T[/color][color=#FF0903]H[/color][color=#FF1206]E[/color] [color=#FF240C]F[/color][color=#FF2D0F]E[/color][color=#FF3612]D[/color][color=#FF3F15]E[/color][color=#FF4818]R[/color][color=#FF511C]A[/color][color=#FF5A1F]T[/color][color=#FF6322]I[/color][color=#FF6C25]O[/color][color=#FF7528]N[/color] [color=#FF872E]O[/color][color=#FF9031]F[/color] [color=#FFA238]P[/color][color=#FF9934]A[/color][color=#FF9031]N[/color][color=#FF872E]-[/color][color=#FF7E2B]A[/color][color=#FF7528]S[/color][color=#FF6C25]I[/color][color=#FF6322]A[/color][color=#FF5A1F]T[/color][color=#FF511C]I[/color][color=#FF4818]C[/color] [color=#FF3612]S[/color][color=#FF2D0F]T[/color][color=#FF240C]A[/color][color=#FF1B09]T[/color][color=#FF1206]E[/color][color=#FF0903]S[/color] [color=yellow]家[/color][/size][/background][/b]
[color=#008040][b]Founder[/b][/color] of [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=450872&p=34699783#p34699783][b][color=#FF0000]T[/color][color=#FE0903]h[/color][color=#FD1206]e[/color] [color=#FB240C]S[/color][color=#FA2D10]r[/color][color=#F93613]i[/color][color=#F83F16]v[/color][color=#F74819]i[/color][color=#F6511D]j[/color][color=#F55A20]a[/color][color=#F46323]y[/color][color=#F36C26]a[/color][color=#F2752A]n[/color] [color=#F08730]C[/color][color=#EF9033]o[/color][color=#EE9936]n[/color][color=#EDA23A]s[/color][color=#ECAB3D]o[/color][color=#EBB440]r[/color][color=#EABD43]t[/color][color=#E9C647]i[/color][color=#E8CF4A]um[/color][/b][/url][/pre][spoiler= Our Fortress Secure... ][hr][/hr][color=#804000] {__[/color][color=red]|[/color][background=#556b2f][color=#556b2f]__[/color][color=#DAA520]✯[/color][color=#556b2f]__[/color][/background][color=red]|[/color][color=#804000]__}[/color]
[color=grey]⛓[/color][b][color=#DAA520]⛏[/color][/b][color=grey](☉_[/color][color=red](ಠ ʖ ಠ)[/color][color=grey]_⚆)[/color][color=#DAA520]⚑[/color][color=grey]⛓[/color]
[size=70][b][background=#2f2f7e][color=orange]▂[u]☼[/u][/color][color=#FF524F]▅[/color][color=#FF3A38]▆[/color][/background][color=orange][background=#46468c]_[u]♧⛩[/u][/background][/color][color=#DAA520][background=#191970][u]▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.░▒▓█▇▅▃▂[/u][/background][/color][color=red][background=#8c8cb7][u]⛴⛈[/u]_[/background][/color][background=#a3a3c5][color=#FF3A38]▆[/color][color=#FF524F]▅[/color][/background][background=#babad4][color=#BF5700][u]⛱[/u]▂[/color][/b][/background][/size][box][color=#FF0000]♻[/color] [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443911][color=#DAA520]News Cycle[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000][b]☮[/b][/color] [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443843&p=34084750#p34084750][color=#DAA520]Q&A/Diplomacy[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000][b]☭[/b][/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=pan-asiatic_states/detail=factbook/id=956014][color=#DAA520]Factbooks[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]☎[/color] [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=432018&p=33250865#p33133339][color=#DAA520]Embassy Programme[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]♫+[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1075818][color=#DAA520]Full Soundtrack[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]⚖[/color] [url=http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?j0=43&j1=48&m1=7&m0=90&e1=62&e0=29&c0=14&c1=83&b0=14&b1=86&p0=86&p1=7&t1=14&t0=83&s0=33&s1=64&femi=29&comp=100][color=#DAA520]My PolitiScale[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]㋡[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1115634][color=#DAA520]OOC Me[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]✉[/color] [url=https://discord.gg/CunbKRt][color=#DAA520]Join Our Discord![/color][/url][/box]
[color=green][b]☑[/b][/color] A [b][color=#808080][url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018]10.5[/url] civilization[/color][/b].   [b][color=#FFBF00]MT-PMT.[/color][/b] [b][color=#FA5F4E]T[/color][color=#F85F4E]h[/color][color=#F7604F]i[/color][color=#F66150]s[/color] [color=#F36252]n[/color][color=#F26353]a[/color][color=#F06354]t[/color][color=#EF6455]i[/color][color=#EE6555]o[/color][color=#ED6556]n[/color] [color=#EA6758]s[/color][color=#E96759]u[/color][color=#E7685A]p[/color][color=#E6695B]p[/color][color=#E5695C]o[/color][color=#E46A5D]r[/color][color=#E26B5D]t[/color][color=#E16B5E]s[/color] [color=#DE6D60]m[/color][color=#DD6D61]y[/color] [color=#800000]candid[/color] [color=#DB6F63]p[/color][color=#D96F64]o[/color][color=#D87065]l[/color][color=#D77165]i[/color][color=#D57166]t[/color][color=#D47267]i[/color][color=#D37368]c[/color][color=#D17369]a[/color][color=#D0746A]l[/color] [color=#CE756C]v[/color][color=#CC766D]i[/color][color=#CB776D]s[/color][color=#CA776E]io[/color][color=#C8786F]n for Asia;[/color] [color=#FF8000]⚙chl♢cratic, Λngl⚬ph⚬bic, Syncre✠ic, and Essent♂alis♀.[/color][/b]
[hr][/hr][/align][/spoiler]



Is this legal?
 THE FEDERATED PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC of PAN-ASIATIC STATES 
First Consul of The Srivijayan Consortium
{__{____}__}
(☉_(ಠ ʖ ಠ)_⚆)
_♧⛩▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.░▒▓█▇▅▃▂⛴⛈_
A PMT 10.5 civilization. This nation is based on my political fantasies for Asia. It is what it is.
  • America Diss Track
  • "[If you believe the Americans], you are like virgins who believe in the love of a whore!" - Gen. Antonio Luna
  • The black in the PAS flag represents mysticism, tradition, and the occult of the Orient.


User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2179
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:58 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
Code: Select all
[floatleft][pre][align=center][background=white][b][color=red]☯ POPULISM ☯[/color][/b][/background]
[color=#CE1126]✯[/color] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZC7tYCKdzY&list=PLjPxlgmnev-k-vGYo_C5KnQ7d4I-V8s9a][color=#DAA520]War Theme[/color][/url] [color=#CE1126]✯[/color]
[background=red][color=#FFFFFF]✶ [/color][b][url=https://youtu.be/e9k2o6vqqSo][color=yellow]Anthem[/color][/url][/b][color=#FFFFFF] ✶[/color][/background]
[color=#0038A8]✭[/color] [url=https://youtu.be/3yno2vkEP0w][color=#DAA520]Tension Theme[/color][/url] [color=#0038A8]✭[/color][/align][/pre][/floatleft][floatright][pre][align=center][background=white][b][color=red]☯ TRADITION ☯[/color][/b][/background]
[color=#CE1126]✯[/color] [url=https://youtu.be/BslXHdYNvNI][color=#DAA520]Party Theme[/color][/url] [color=#CE1126]✯[/color]
[background=red][color=#FFFFFF]✶ [/color][b][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ns1Q-HqZR4][color=yellow]Honors Music[/color][/url][/b][color=#FFFFFF] ✶[/color][/background]
[color=#0038A8]✭[/color] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eXETAtOyE][color=#DAA520]Peace Theme[/color][/url] [color=#0038A8]✭[/color][/align][/pre][/floatright][align=center][pre][b][background=#400000][size=85][color=yellow]国[/color] [color=#FF0000]T[/color][color=#FF0903]H[/color][color=#FF1206]E[/color] [color=#FF240C]F[/color][color=#FF2D0F]E[/color][color=#FF3612]D[/color][color=#FF3F15]E[/color][color=#FF4818]R[/color][color=#FF511C]A[/color][color=#FF5A1F]T[/color][color=#FF6322]I[/color][color=#FF6C25]O[/color][color=#FF7528]N[/color] [color=#FF872E]O[/color][color=#FF9031]F[/color] [color=#FFA238]P[/color][color=#FF9934]A[/color][color=#FF9031]N[/color][color=#FF872E]-[/color][color=#FF7E2B]A[/color][color=#FF7528]S[/color][color=#FF6C25]I[/color][color=#FF6322]A[/color][color=#FF5A1F]T[/color][color=#FF511C]I[/color][color=#FF4818]C[/color] [color=#FF3612]S[/color][color=#FF2D0F]T[/color][color=#FF240C]A[/color][color=#FF1B09]T[/color][color=#FF1206]E[/color][color=#FF0903]S[/color] [color=yellow]家[/color][/size][/background][/b]
[color=#008040][b]Founder[/b][/color] of [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=450872&p=34699783#p34699783][b][color=#FF0000]T[/color][color=#FE0903]h[/color][color=#FD1206]e[/color] [color=#FB240C]S[/color][color=#FA2D10]r[/color][color=#F93613]i[/color][color=#F83F16]v[/color][color=#F74819]i[/color][color=#F6511D]j[/color][color=#F55A20]a[/color][color=#F46323]y[/color][color=#F36C26]a[/color][color=#F2752A]n[/color] [color=#F08730]C[/color][color=#EF9033]o[/color][color=#EE9936]n[/color][color=#EDA23A]s[/color][color=#ECAB3D]o[/color][color=#EBB440]r[/color][color=#EABD43]t[/color][color=#E9C647]i[/color][color=#E8CF4A]um[/color][/b][/url][/pre][spoiler= Our Fortress Secure... ][hr][/hr][color=#804000] {__[/color][color=red]|[/color][background=#556b2f][color=#556b2f]__[/color][color=#DAA520]✯[/color][color=#556b2f]__[/color][/background][color=red]|[/color][color=#804000]__}[/color]
[color=grey]⛓[/color][b][color=#DAA520]⛏[/color][/b][color=grey](☉_[/color][color=red](ಠ ʖ ಠ)[/color][color=grey]_⚆)[/color][color=#DAA520]⚑[/color][color=grey]⛓[/color]
[size=70][b][background=#2f2f7e][color=orange]▂[u]☼[/u][/color][color=#FF524F]▅[/color][color=#FF3A38]▆[/color][/background][color=orange][background=#46468c]_[u]♧⛩[/u][/background][/color][color=#DAA520][background=#191970][u]▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.░▒▓█▇▅▃▂[/u][/background][/color][color=red][background=#8c8cb7][u]⛴⛈[/u]_[/background][/color][background=#a3a3c5][color=#FF3A38]▆[/color][color=#FF524F]▅[/color][/background][background=#babad4][color=#BF5700][u]⛱[/u]▂[/color][/b][/background][/size][box][color=#FF0000]♻[/color] [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443911][color=#DAA520]News Cycle[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000][b]☮[/b][/color] [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443843&p=34084750#p34084750][color=#DAA520]Q&A/Diplomacy[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000][b]☭[/b][/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=pan-asiatic_states/detail=factbook/id=956014][color=#DAA520]Factbooks[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]☎[/color] [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=432018&p=33250865#p33133339][color=#DAA520]Embassy Programme[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]♫+[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1075818][color=#DAA520]Full Soundtrack[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]⚖[/color] [url=http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?j0=43&j1=48&m1=7&m0=90&e1=62&e0=29&c0=14&c1=83&b0=14&b1=86&p0=86&p1=7&t1=14&t0=83&s0=33&s1=64&femi=29&comp=100][color=#DAA520]My PolitiScale[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]㋡[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1115634][color=#DAA520]OOC Me[/color][/url] [color=#FF0000]✉[/color] [url=https://discord.gg/CunbKRt][color=#DAA520]Join Our Discord![/color][/url][/box]
[color=green][b]☑[/b][/color] A [b][color=#808080][url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018]10.5[/url] civilization[/color][/b].   [b][color=#FFBF00]MT-PMT.[/color][/b] [b][color=#FA5F4E]T[/color][color=#F85F4E]h[/color][color=#F7604F]i[/color][color=#F66150]s[/color] [color=#F36252]n[/color][color=#F26353]a[/color][color=#F06354]t[/color][color=#EF6455]i[/color][color=#EE6555]o[/color][color=#ED6556]n[/color] [color=#EA6758]s[/color][color=#E96759]u[/color][color=#E7685A]p[/color][color=#E6695B]p[/color][color=#E5695C]o[/color][color=#E46A5D]r[/color][color=#E26B5D]t[/color][color=#E16B5E]s[/color] [color=#DE6D60]m[/color][color=#DD6D61]y[/color] [color=#800000]candid[/color] [color=#DB6F63]p[/color][color=#D96F64]o[/color][color=#D87065]l[/color][color=#D77165]i[/color][color=#D57166]t[/color][color=#D47267]i[/color][color=#D37368]c[/color][color=#D17369]a[/color][color=#D0746A]l[/color] [color=#CE756C]v[/color][color=#CC766D]i[/color][color=#CB776D]s[/color][color=#CA776E]io[/color][color=#C8786F]n for Asia;[/color] [color=#FF8000]⚙chl♢cratic, Λngl⚬ph⚬bic, Syncre✠ic, and Essent♂alis♀.[/color][/b]
[hr][/hr][/align][/spoiler]



Is this legal?


On a sidenote, how do you count sig lines? I'm probably dyslexic, or it just isn't on here.
 THE FEDERATED PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC of PAN-ASIATIC STATES 
First Consul of The Srivijayan Consortium
{__{____}__}
(☉_(ಠ ʖ ಠ)_⚆)
_♧⛩▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.░▒▓█▇▅▃▂⛴⛈_
A PMT 10.5 civilization. This nation is based on my political fantasies for Asia. It is what it is.
  • America Diss Track
  • "[If you believe the Americans], you are like virgins who believe in the love of a whore!" - Gen. Antonio Luna
  • The black in the PAS flag represents mysticism, tradition, and the occult of the Orient.


User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:24 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:On a sidenote, how do you count sig lines? I'm probably dyslexic, or it just isn't on here.

I answered that just a few posts above this one.

Also, please don't just post code blocks. Post both the code and the content separately, so we don't have to repost it to check.

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Is this legal?

It's a shorter variant of the one you already posted, so yeah. You made some choices I wouldn't have made (using Pre blocks instead of boxes throws off the alignment), but it's legal.

User avatar
Fecaw
Envoy
 
Posts: 209
Founded: Feb 10, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Fecaw » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:11 pm

How can I put two pieces of text at the same vertical level in my sig, but at opposite sides?
The Kingdom Of Fecaw
The mountain of books has one way and hard work serves as the path. The sea of learning has no end and effort makes the boat.

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Fecaw wrote:How can I put two pieces of text at the same vertical level in my sig, but at opposite sides?

Float tags.

This is on the right
This is on the left
This is in the center.


Code: Select all
[box][floatright]This is on the right[/floatright][floatleft]This is on the left[/floatleft][align=center]This is in the center.[/align][/box]


I've found it usually works better if you list the right side text first. For some reason, floating the left side text first sometimes adds a pointless blank line. Both float tags need to be posted before the [align] tag, or you get extra blank lines.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fecaw
Envoy
 
Posts: 209
Founded: Feb 10, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Fecaw » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:52 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Fecaw wrote:How can I put two pieces of text at the same vertical level in my sig, but at opposite sides?

Float tags.

This is on the right
This is on the left
This is in the center.


Code: Select all
[box][floatright]This is on the right[/floatright][floatleft]This is on the left[/floatleft][align=center]This is in the center.[/align][/box]


I've found it usually works better if you list the right side text first. For some reason, floating the left side text first sometimes adds a pointless blank line. Both float tags need to be posted before the [align] tag, or you get extra blank lines.

Thanks!
The Kingdom Of Fecaw
The mountain of books has one way and hard work serves as the path. The sea of learning has no end and effort makes the boat.

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9904
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 am

Have I been blocked from editing my sig for some reason? I've tried to remove 'president of Enadia' from it several times and it just hangs.

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Have I been blocked from editing my sig for some reason?

Nope.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:it just hangs.

I have no explanation.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I've tried to remove 'president of Enadia'

Removed that for you.

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9904
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Have I been blocked from editing my sig for some reason?

Nope.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:it just hangs.

I have no explanation.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I've tried to remove 'president of Enadia'

Removed that for you.

Thanks a lot.
I'll try to edit it on another computer and see if that does the trick.

User avatar
Eastern Tatarstan
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eastern Tatarstan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:56 am

I wanna add this feature (idk how it's called, but it's basically a sort of a window where you can fit a long line of text and you can slide it, just take a look at Dawetid's sig and you'll know what I mean) but I couldn't find it anywhere, no dispatch on formating tags or BBCcode mentions it. If you know, please tell me how it's done.
Айналакөрүтолькьн диктаттьятшьн Жьданқршдьгьнгәт Татарштангәт
The Considerate dictatorship of Eastern Tatarstan
Join Altay now!


main factbook & other factbooks
To find out more see my dispatches.
You should also check out the §1 Altay's recruitment guide if you want to join Altay or become our recruiter.

I'll take this as a joke. Okay?
Altay's Tidings - Жангальктєр Алтайәт Issue #: This week's issue is delayed by 24 to 48 hours because of technical difficulties. We apologise. Error code: 27•20012019•1640
Тәнирбєргєн

User avatar
Frievolk
Minister
 
Posts: 3364
Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frievolk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 am

Eastern Tatarstan wrote:I wanna add this feature (idk how it's called, but it's basically a sort of a window where you can fit a long line of text and you can slide it, just take a look at Dawetid's sig and you'll know what I mean) but I couldn't find it anywhere, no dispatch on formating tags or BBCcode mentions it. If you know, please tell me how it's done.

(Sorry for responding if I'm not supposed to)
I think you mean the
Code: Select all
[pre][/pre]
tag.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Diplomat
 
Posts: 613
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Is there a way to improve my sig?

Code: Select all
[align=center][b][i][u][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=deutschess_kaiserreich]The Deutsches Kaiserreich[/url][/u][/i][/b]
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where the Kaiserriech won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a constitutional Monarchy with both a Parliment and a Prime Minister. Our current leader is [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=deutschess_kaiserreich/detail=factbook/id=1123206]Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second[/url]. For more [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=deutschess_kaiserreich/detail=factbook]information[/url][/align]
[align=center][spoiler=The Deutschland times][pre][url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=457326]Reports of Explosion at Reichstag[/url]|Casualties unknown|State of lockdown imposed on Berlin[/pre][/spoiler][/align]
[align=center][spoiler=Ongoing Threads][url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=457326]Tears of Metal and Brick[/url][/spoiler][/align]
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where the Kaiserriech won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a constitutional Monarchy with both a Parliment and a Prime Minister. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information
Reports of Explosion at Reichstag|Casualties unknown|State of lockdown imposed on Berlin

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 pm

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:s there a way to improve my sig?

One set of align=center tags will center the whole thing. By adding a new set for every line, you're causing problems for yourself. Fix that, repost, and we'll look again.

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Diplomat
 
Posts: 613
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 am

Sorry for the mistake

Code: Select all
[align=center][b][i][u][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=deutschess_kaiserreich]The Deutsches Kaiserreich[/url][/u][/i][/b]
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where the Kaiserriech won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a constitutional Monarchy with both a Parliment and a Prime Minister. Our current leader is [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=deutschess_kaiserreich/detail=factbook/id=1123206]Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second[/url]. For more [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=deutschess_kaiserreich/detail=factbook]information[/url]
[spoiler=The Deutschland times][pre][url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=457326]Reports of Explosion at Reichstag[/url]|Casualties unknown|State of lockdown imposed on Berlin[/pre][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ongoing Threads][url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=457326]Tears of Metal and Brick[/url][/spoiler][/align]
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where the Kaiserriech won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a constitutional Monarchy with both a Parliment and a Prime Minister. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information
Reports of Explosion at Reichstag|Casualties unknown|State of lockdown imposed on Berlin

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23208
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 am

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:Sorry for the mistake

Posting just the code block isn't all that helpful. Post both the actual text and the quote text next time.

You still had Align tags everywhere. I can't be bothered to fix your code block - I just fixed your sig directly.

User avatar
Lyrical International Brigade
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Mar 31, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Lyrical International Brigade » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:05 pm

I thought I'd seen some somewhere, but can't seem to dig one up now. Is there a trick that will let you color the text of a url hyperlink? If I put it outside the url tag, it stays NS green, and if I put it inside, the obvious foulup ([colours=#f806c9]Click here![/colours}) occurs. Am I SOL?
Last edited by Lyrical International Brigade on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paramilitary expedition of Sierra Lyricalia
Petty Officer, ⟨ Красный Флот ⟩ {The Red Fleet}

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1612
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:53 pm

How do I put two spoilers on the same line, side by side? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
The name of this nation is not grammatically correct Latin, and my nation mostly represents my political views.
Armaros wrote:I don't believe you're fascist, but you're definitely bad.
Deltanium wrote:“The only chance you have of getting laid is if you stick your head up a chicken’s ass and wait.”

-Alyssa I
Farnhamia wrote:It's not much of a pejorative. Not actionable.
I will not call people by made up pronouns.
I am a Right-Libertarian, Atheist, American, and not affiliated with any political party.
For those of you who actually think Cuba is a success. Antifa is a terrorist group. My Political Compass Test Results.
Death to Fascism! Death to Communism!

User avatar
Frievolk
Minister
 
Posts: 3364
Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frievolk » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:13 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:How do I put two spoilers on the same line, side by side? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

I think it works if one of them has a name and the other doesn't. Like this:

It works



Code: Select all
[spoiler=here is how][spoiler]It works[/spoiler][/spoiler]
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1612
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 pm

Frievolk wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:How do I put two spoilers on the same line, side by side? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

I think it works if one of them has a name and the other doesn't. Like this:

It works



Code: Select all
[spoiler=here is how][spoiler]It works[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks for trying to help, but I wasn't referring to spoilers within spoilers. I've done that before. I'm thinking about having them both side by side in a similar manner to the way Reploid has them set up.
The name of this nation is not grammatically correct Latin, and my nation mostly represents my political views.
Armaros wrote:I don't believe you're fascist, but you're definitely bad.
Deltanium wrote:“The only chance you have of getting laid is if you stick your head up a chicken’s ass and wait.”

-Alyssa I
Farnhamia wrote:It's not much of a pejorative. Not actionable.
I will not call people by made up pronouns.
I am a Right-Libertarian, Atheist, American, and not affiliated with any political party.
For those of you who actually think Cuba is a success. Antifa is a terrorist group. My Political Compass Test Results.
Death to Fascism! Death to Communism!

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 25202
Founded: Antiquity
The Ninja Mod and Evil Forum Empress

Postby Reploid Productions » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Frievolk wrote:I think it works if one of them has a name and the other doesn't. Like this:

It works



Code: Select all
[spoiler=here is how][spoiler]It works[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks for trying to help, but I wasn't referring to spoilers within spoilers. I've done that before. I'm thinking about having them both side by side in a similar manner to the way Reploid has them set up.

Basically, just use the [floatleft] or [floatright] tags around one of the spoilers. For reference, here's the BBCode for my current sig:
Code: Select all
[i]Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003[/i]
[url=http://rpstudios.ian-justman.com/junk/dogaFAQ.html]Reppy's DoGA FAQ[/url] - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
[osrs]One Stop Rules Shop[/osrs] -- [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14081&start=0]Reppy's Sig Workshop[/url] -- [help]Getting Help Page[/help]
[floatleft][spoiler=Quotes of Win][quote="[violet]";p="1258384"]Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.[/quote][/spoiler][/floatleft][spoiler=Brony Queen of Nationstates][quote="Ifreann";p="11663235"]Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now![/quote]
[align=center][b][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=232266&p=14829040#p14829040]I believe[/url] in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.[/b]
[i]In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.[/i][/align][/spoiler][color=#FFFF00][background=red][b][u]Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2018![/u][/b] - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not![/background][/color]
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2018! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Ghost Land

Advertisement

Remove ads